Taking Network+

LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
here lies my declaration, and not just a proclamation, Jun20 i shall take, before 2009 edition is the only option. I have been putting this off, i have several Net+ books from the last couple yrs, read them front to back, then put it off as Security became hot... well, i just got my Sec+ after 2 weeks of studying, and i know ive put in far more hours into the Net+. I just took the examcram2 test (50questions) and missed 2 questions and I have not even read a word on the book... i'd test tomorrow but i dont want to push my luck. wish me luck... lost my sybex2005 Net+ CD =(, oh well. punks wouldnt give it over the phone.
CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
Microsoft: MCSA 2003

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Good luck

(despite saying that Sybex people are punks for not giving you a Cd icon_rolleyes.gif)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i paid $50 for the thing! lol
    uhmm thanks! you just reminded me of where i put it, my... CD binder, imagine that.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Good luck!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • chrisDCchrisDC Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Ditto. I am getting off my but and taking this thing by next week. I feel they could have a better test by getting rid of archaic stuff and concentrating on wireless, security, fiber, etc. But I just want 2007 before it's gone, otherwise I'd just go the Cisco route.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Lamini wrote: »
    uhmm thanks! you just reminded me of where i put it, my... CD binder, imagine that.

Hope you called Sybex and thanked them for their patience with you and apologized if you were short with them.
    icon_wink.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    ExamCram2 Net+ book comes in today :P. i like their style. Been scoring 80-85% on the 400+ practice tests. Saturday is coming
    just got back from test center (seems like i was just there!!).

PASSED!

and to those that dont think there wont be any subnetting/CIDR questions, I had four. I searched on here and some had said it wouldnt be on the test (n10-003). Regardless, "a pass is a pass"

Much thanks
  • Vancity.rigelVancity.rigel Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congrats on your pass!
    Thank you all

all i did the week before the test was pretty much just review everything i already knew, i basically skimmed through books, familiarizing with what i wasnt familiar with. I couldve passed this couple yrs ago. comptia stuff done.

i'll be hangin out at the MCSA/MCSE forums. Until last month, it has been 5yrs since I got my last cert, A+. And in the last month alone i got Net+ & Sec+, while working on my degree, and working 60+hrs/week.