Options

70-294 ----> 70-297

abyss5150abyss5150 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
Question for all:
I have taken 290, 291, 293 and will sit 294 tomorrow morning. My question is......Is 297 as test I can sit right away or is there additional info I will need to study not covered by the above exams. I read in a couple places that the 297 is a culmination of all the above previous exams and that it can be taken right away. As I understand it, it is a design exam using all previous knowledge. Thanx in advance.

Comments

• Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Pretty much. You could probably wing it as it's an accumulation of all the other exams. I'd say if you have solid scores on all your exams, give it a shot.

I'm a bit more cautious (or retarded), so I am actually taking a month or two and studying for it. I'm using Trancender, CBT Nuggets, Preplogic Study guide and part of the Syngress book. I have picked up a few things here and there that I have missed with other exams, so hopefully this will help.

Good luck with your exam(s)
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm studying for 70-297 now primarily using CBT Nuggets and Transcender, and both focus heavily on NT 4.0 migrations. Brush up on the various ways NT could be set up (account & resource domains, trusts, etc.) and how those should be migrated to forests, domains, and OUs based on the case study.

Also, have you dealt with the case study testlet format? 70-297 & 70-298 are not the same format as everything else you've seen already.

If you can handle the case study format, know the hows and whys of NT and 2000 to 2003 migrations, and all of your 291 and 294 information is fresh in memory, you should be okay.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • Options
    abyss5150abyss5150 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bwcarty wrote: »
    I'm studying for 70-297 now primarily using CBT Nuggets and Transcender, and both focus heavily on NT 4.0 migrations. Brush up on the various ways NT could be set up (account & resource domains, trusts, etc.) and how those should be migrated to forests, domains, and OUs based on the case study.

Also, have you dealt with the case study testlet format? 70-297 & 70-298 are not the same format as everything else you've seen already.

If you can handle the case study format, know the hows and whys of NT and 2000 to 2003 migrations, and all of your 291 and 294 information is fresh in memory, you should be okay.

No..I haven't taken any of the case study format exams. I guess what i'll do is study up a bit and see how much time I need to study.