Any Cisco lab/real world books available?

BadBoy HouseBadBoy House Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
The tech labs on here are spot on but I was looking to see if there are any Cisco lab books on the market - with real work lab configurations to go through.

I see there's a Cisco Practical Studies book on Amazon but it got criticised bigtime for being out of date.

Does anyone know of any other books?

Comments

• nelsonnrnelsonnr Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    My friend who did his CCNA at a Cisco Academy had plenty of lab books.

I've been studying at home, and wasnt given these hand outs (obviously) but I sure could of done with them. I have searched Ebay and found a few (from ex academy students) but didnt managed to find any on the 'mass market'

I'd like to know too.............
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    nelsonnr wrote: »
    My friend who did his CCNA at a Cisco Academy had plenty of lab books.

I've been studying at home, and wasnt given these hand outs (obviously) but I sure could of done with them. I have searched Ebay and found a few (from ex academy students) but didnt managed to find any on the 'mass market'
    You can buy the lab books from Cisco Press or Amazon.
  • BadBoy HouseBadBoy House Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i know that - however the reviews for the Cisco press book are pretty poor - saying that they're out of date, cover token ring etc etc. i want an up to date book really.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    What captobvious linked to is one of the CCNA Network Academy books that you use and get in the course. If it does still mention Token Ring then it would only be a brief mention. I doubt it is out of date either.
    Thanks captobvious!
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I highly recommend this excellent free lab workbook CCNA - Workbook . It was posted by another TE member a while back. I used it and thought it was very helpful.
    Thanks Larry - looks like a great lab book
    excellent. thanks very much. the other book i was looking at on amazon was a different one.

nice 1!
  • BADfish10BADfish10 Member Posts: 88 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have not used a CCNA lab book but if you feel like pushing your self I would recommend the CCNP BCSI Lab book.
    A good idea is to trial Safari on-line book store you will find all the lab books there have a browse for what suites your needs and ether subscribe or use the discount you gain to buy the book and have it delivered.

Good luck

P.s I recommend while on there reading the first few chapters of Doyle's Routing TCP/IP Volume 1 second edition it is a good book to help straighten out some of the theory

J
    I've just tried looking on the safari book store for the Network Fundamentals, CCNA Exploration Labs and Study Guide (Lab Companion) book but it's not on there.

Does anyone have any info on this book before I part with cash?
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've just tried looking on the safari book store for the Network Fundamentals, CCNA Exploration Labs and Study Guide (Lab Companion) book but it's not on there.

Does anyone have any info on this book before I part with cash?

Check out the CCNA Portable Command Guide. That's what I used, and I think it's on Safari.
    it's really that lab book i wanted to have a look at.
    LarryDaMan wrote: »
    I highly recommend this excellent free lab workbook CCNA - Workbook . It was posted by another TE member a while back. I used it and thought it was very helpful.

forget that Cisco book I was on about - this is excellent Larry. thanks very much for this!
  • LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    forget that Cisco book I was on about - this is excellent Larry. thanks very much for this!

You are welcome, and thanks to blackninja who originally posted it.
  • blackninjablackninja Member Posts: 385
    LarryDaMan wrote: »
    You are welcome, and thanks to blackninja who originally posted it.

ur welcome
    Currently studying:
    CCIE R&S - using INE workbooks & videos

Currently reading:
    Everything. Twice ;)