Where do you work?

LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Just thought this might be an interesting post, to know where we all work, I don't know maybe we can exchange tips on how we got our positions and stuff like that or how you started up your company for those that own one. Hope it's not a repost.

I'm currently a NOC engineer at a company called RealLinx, previously worked for HP.

How bout you guys?

Comments

• shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    its cool to do a thing like this, but I don't recommend putting out too much personal info. Like you for instance we already know you live in Costa Rica and work as a NOC engineer. A clever person could run with that and find who you are. I think people should only let those who they trust with info like that.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • coffeekingcoffeeking Member Posts: 305 ■■■■□□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    its cool to do a thing like this, but I don't recommend putting out too much personal info. Like you for instance we already know you live in Costa Rica and work as a NOC engineer. A clever person could run with that and find who you are. I think people should only let those who they trust with info like that.

showdown, you have got to be working in InfoSec with that kind of mindset, but I totally agree; good point. if someone was to stalk you, forums and discussion boards would be the first place they would start and surprisingly they can actually get to you most of the times.
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I won't mention the real name of my company(s)

But I work for two biomedical companies. One who makes medical grade tubing/optical fiber coating/coextruded polyimide tubing/etc. and another who makes biomedical Polymers and PGA Compounders. icon_thumright.gif
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    shodown wrote: »

I really wouldn't expect to maintain too much anonymity on a public forum. Any one of us would probably be fairly easy to track down ;)
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Track down, run over, hide the evidence
  • LizanoLizano Member Posts: 230 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well it's true, maybe let's not actually name the company or something like that. I'm just not that concerned about being anonymous, many users in this forum know who I am...
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    I really wouldn't expect to maintain too much anonymity on a public forum. Any one of us would probably be fairly easy to track down ;)

No way, how would anybody be able to learn where I work if I remained anonymous and just said I work for the largest real estate firm by size and sales volume in Wisconsin???

Seriously though, if anybody is really that concerned with their anonymity they should just unplug their PC's from any form of Internet and build a box in their house surrounded by chicken wire (it worked for Gene Hackman in Enemy of the State!).
  • cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    I work for one of the DC area beltway bandit’s that has a contract with one of the US Departments as a security engineer. Vague enough???
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    In a van down by the river.....
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • NightShade03NightShade03 Member Posts: 1,383 ■■■■■■■□□□
    cbigbrick wrote: »
    I work for one of the DC area beltway bandit’s that has a contract with one of the US Departments as a security engineer. Vague enough???

Can I have your job? icon_wink.gif
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I work for a web hosting company that enjoys a very good reputation in the adult entertainment industry.
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    dynamik wrote: »

I agree with you, but you can always make it harder just don't' give yourself up.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sounds intriguing and interesting...lol....icon_wink.gif
    I work for a web hosting company that enjoys a very good reputation in the adult entertainment industry.
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Xcluziv wrote: »
    sounds intriguing and interesting...lol....icon_wink.gif

Yeah, everyone thinks so until you're forced to look at some sites during the course of your job and realize the adult industry doesn't discriminate.

If someone puts in a ticket and says that their streaming flash doesn't work, there are some sites where I just find a point on the screen and focus on it and just watch for motion in my peripheral to make sure the video is still playing.
  • cbigbrickcbigbrick Member Posts: 284
    Can I have your job? icon_wink.gif

No but we do have openings.
    And in conclusion your point was.....???

Don't get so upset...it's just ones and zeros.