Taking Server+ Monday Morning

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Hello everyone!

I am taking the Server+ Beta Monday morning. I decided to schedule it since it was free and would give me some Comptia test experience before I take my Network+ in July. Does anyone have some advice on last minute studying for it? I would love to nail in a free certification :)

Comments

• matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    Hello everyone!

I am taking the Server+ Beta Monday morning. I decided to schedule it since it was free and would give me some Comptia test experience before I take my Network+ in July. Does anyone have some advice on last minute studying for it? I would love to nail in a free certification :)

If you are prepared for your Network+, I imagine you will not have a rough time. Just have a look at the projected 2009 objectives as prepared by JDMurray -> CompTIA Server+ 2009 Objectives Where-to-find-it TechExams.net Blogs . In addition, you can download the new drafted objectives on CompTIA's website -> http://www.comptia.org/certifications/listed/server.aspx.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    The feedback in this thread is pretty spot on - there were no surprises really. If you need resources for the exam, do take a look at JD Murray's listing of links (awesome and incredibly useful) and add a little googling and you'll pretty much be set. The hardest part will probably be waiting until October for the results!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    skrpune wrote: »
    The feedback in this thread is pretty spot on - there were no surprises really. If you need resources for the exam, do take a look at JD Murray's listing of links (awesome and incredibly useful) and add a little googling and you'll pretty much be set. The hardest part will probably be waiting until October for the results!
    Agreed!
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Well, I took the Server+ Beta this morning. I don't know whether I passed it or not. It was a lot harder than I thought it would be. This is mostly because I have very little experience with server hardware. The reason I believe it is so hard is because of how broad the subject is. I did fine on all the networking and troubleshooting problems. The Blade Server and server hardware questions really through me for a loop. I guess that is probably all I can say with the NDA signed :)