Need to change professions

ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
I just got finished with round 2 and managed to get the same score as round 1. I have read the stickies, labbed up 3 DCs and 1 client on VM, reviewed all my material, and I still didn't have enough to see a passing score.

This really takes the "wind out of my sails" as I feel that I have improved over last time. I feel like I have placed myself in the FAILURE OU.

Comments

• bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    294 is a tough exam. Recently, I think more people on here have failed it than passed. I know I failed on my first attempt earlier in the month.

Did your strengths/weaknesses chart change since your first attempt?
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Don't worry man, as mentioned, there is a number of us who have been in that failure OU. If you haven't, setup a lab with multiple forests/domains and go through the labs. Soon you will be able to drag and drop yourself out of that OU.

You can do it, keep at it.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Don't get down on yourself. This exam is deceptively hard. I really thought I was doing well taking it. I expected I was going to score in the hight 800s low 900s and I scraped by with a 778 (just checked my report to be sure). I had studied really hard and all of the material seemed so easy to me. I had even set up a multi-site/multi-domain AD with varying network speeds. I had too really old boxes with BNC connectors on the network card and used some thin net just for giggles. I thought I was well prepared. It was the only time I was ever disappointed with a pass.

Keep chugging away at your studies and you will get it. I have a buddy who took the 270 5 times. He had 4 years of experience in a support role. But he passed on the 5th attempt. If he had stopped and given up he would have nothing to show for his effort except failure. I think we all have that one test that gets under our skin... Maybe this one is yours.

SHOW IT WHO'S BOSS!
  • ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    My AD implementation went down and all the others improved slightly. I have labbed this up and it improved my knowledge from the last exam; but not nearly enough. I am going to purchase Transcenders to assist my studies; and.maybe some 12 year scotch as well.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Drunken Transcendering is a key element of all of my studies. You should be set after that. Good luck! icon_thumright.gif
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hang in there, man! Like others have said, keep chugging along.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
    Okay, I am looking to purchase Transcenders in hopes of passing this exam. Since they have a money back or pass guarentee, I have nothing to loose, right?

Has anyone had to go back to them b/c they didn't pass the exam on the first try?
    Nope, and I've used them for almost all of mine :D
    Um.....Yeah. I'm not sure that you count because I'm pretty sure you are similar to those guys who "broke the curve" in grade school.
    Um.....Yeah. I'm not sure that you count because I'm pretty sure you are similar to those guys who "broke the curve" in grade school.

Heh, maybe on the low end. I've never done well in school. I've actually officially been diagnosed with ADHD within the last couple of weeks, and that explains more than you know. I unfortunately rely on Transcender a lot more than I should for these exams. I would say it's my primary study aid. I need the random nature and five questions here or there to keep my interested. I can't read a page without my mind wandering; it's really debatable how much I pull away from books and CBTs.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I think Transcender is genuinely a good product. However, as with anything, you'll get out of it what you put into it. It's not a magical solution, so YMMV.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Sorry to hear you didn't get it this time. I have just started studying for it and there is definitely a lot of new material that isn't even touched in 291 or 293.
    I know you'll pass the next time.
    I have some practice labs from my old school I could send you if you like. PM with your email if you want them.
    dynamik wrote: »
    Heh, maybe on the low end. I've never done well in school. I've actually officially been diagnosed with ADHD within the last couple of weeks, and that explains more than you know. I unfortunately rely on Transcender a lot more than I should for these exams. I would say it's my primary study aid. I need the random nature and five questions here or there to keep my interested. I can't read a page without my mind wandering; it's really debatable how much I pull away from books and CBTs.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, I think Transcender is genuinely a good product. However, as with anything, you'll get out of it what you put into it. It's not a magical solution, so YMMV.

My mind wanders all the time; that's why I need really questions to apply the concepts to actual problems. Trancenders did put me over the pass mark when I failed the 293 twice.

I guess what really dissappoints me is that I am not getting enough out of my e-learning courses my company purchased. I have live instructor led classes (and pre-recorded classes), study guides, virtual labs, class notes, review questions and practice exams; and I have still failed this twice. I am learning the material presented to me and reviewing information from this forum, however it just does not seem to be enough to "hammer home" the concepts.

I feel like the FAILURE OU is inheriting from the DEPRESSION OU with no override. icon_sad.gif