prefix list question

livenliven Member Posts: 918
ok I want to filter out a particular network... lets say:

192.168.1.0/27

Would this be the most effective way to do it:

ip prefix-list bonkers seq 5 deny 192.168.1.0/24 ge 27 le 27
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
    ip prefix-list bonkers seq 5 deny 192.168.1.0/27
    ip prefix-list bonkers seq 10 permit 0.0.0.0/0 le 32
    Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew
  • jrs91jrs91 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Is this stuff mentioned in the Authorized Study Guide? Is it on the exam? It's not mentioned in the BSCI Exam Cert Guide... I came across a need for it when I was doing the Challenge lab in the BSCI Lab Portfolio and was told I needed to filter routes. I had to figure it out from the cisco docs site and my IEWB vol.1...

I'm wondering what else is missing from the Cert Guide?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jrs91 wrote: »
    I'm wondering what else is missing from the Cert Guide?
    Look for BSCI failed threads where the person only used the Exam Certification Guide and see what they complained about not being prepared for....

Also notice that in those threads someone will usually point out that you should read the BSCI Authorized Self Study Guide first to learn the material and then use the Exam Cert Guide as your exam review and prep book.

Other will go on to suggest the Cisco Press Lab Portfolio books since working "hands on" helps reinforce the information in your brain. Plus, as you've seen, it points you to things you should know (or would be nice to know).

And I'll usually toss in that you should always read the exam blueprint and check off the various topics as you think you've mastered them, and use the Cisco Documentation to find what's left unchecked.

Various other suggestions for successful BSCI study include reading Doyle's Routing TCP/IP Cisco Press Book(s) and/or using Chris Bryant's "The Bryant Advantage" material. Chris is the TrainSignal CBT Instructor. There are also the CBTNuggets if you're a "video person."
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • jrs91jrs91 Member Posts: 64 ■■□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Look for BSCI failed threads where the person only used the Exam Certification Guide and see what they complained about not being prepared for....

Also notice that in those threads someone will usually point out that you should read the BSCI Authorized Self Study Guide first to learn the material and then use the Exam Cert Guide as your exam review and prep book.

Other will go on to suggest the Cisco Press Lab Portfolio books since working "hands on" helps reinforce the information in your brain. Plus, as you've seen, it points you to things you should know (or would be nice to know).

And I'll usually toss in that you should always read the exam blueprint and check off the various topics as you think you've mastered them, and use the Cisco Documentation to find what's left unchecked.

Various other suggestions for successful BSCI study include reading Doyle's Routing TCP/IP Cisco Press Book(s) and/or using Chris Bryant's "The Bryant Advantage" material. Chris is the TrainSignal CBT Instructor. There are also the CBTNuggets if you're a "video person."

Good suggestions. I'm actually using Doyle + the study guide. Doyle mentions ip prefix-list and distribute-list in the chapter on OSPF. I'm just sort of amazed that it's not in the Guide. Overall I think the CCNP guide is crap compared to the CCNA guides by Odom.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    The prefix-list stuff isn't in the authorized self study guide itself, it's in the bgp supplement which is one of the downloadable appendixes if you register the book with cisco press