CEH - Practice exams ?

belloutybellouty Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi everybody,

I will be sitting for the CEH exam in the next few weeks/days. I went through the Official Certified Ethical Hacker Review Guide and The CEH Prep Guide. As discussed several times in this forum, the first book is just an introduction to the materiel and in my opnion relying on it will not help a lot in passing the CEH (except if you already know all the subjects…)

Both books came with some practice exams and I didn’t find them so challenging. I also purchased two practice exams from e-bay (Exam Guides for IT and LucidTech) but I was wondering which one is more representative of the actual questions of the exam.

Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I got the PrepLogic practice exam, but I haven't taken the exam yet, so I'm not sure how well they represent the material. They are for the old version of the exam, but it sounds like the exam itself didn't change much between versions.
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I've been waiting for about 2 weeks now for the voucher code but I've got the official guide and the prep guide as well. I think the exams in those are a little too easy so I've been doing my own lately. Just randomly opening to a page and forming a question from it. I also use backtrack every chance I get as alot of answers can be guessed from knowing the main programs in it.

I've got to say the the prep guide seems FAR beyond whats on the CEH exam. Someone in here said it's more like the book you read after you're certified and they're bang on.
  • belloutybellouty Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply,

GAngel, I think u should call them, I received my voucher in less than 24h.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Are you referring to a discount voucher? I've been looking around trying to find discount vouchers for the C|EH exam, but haven't found any. The people at GetCertify4Less.com said they had them infrequently and that there's not much demand for them.
  • belloutybellouty Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi JDMurray,

Actually I was referring to the the voucher for the registration (in case you choose to self study for the test).
    I red in the forum you are preparing your exam too, what practice exam are you using ?
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I'm not actually prepping for the CEH exam yet. The objectives of the CEH exam cover a lot of tools and information that I need for some projects I'm currently working on, so I'm studying CEH material to bring myself up to speed on what I need. I only recently started to think about taking the CEH exam myself, and that's when I started looking for discount vouchers for EC-Council exams. If I find any that'll probably determine when I actually start studying for the exam itself. I'll let you all know.
    bellouty wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply,

GAngel, I think u should call them, I received my voucher in less than 24h.

It's pretty much impossible to get through all the lines are always busy. It says leave a message which they never call back. I appreciate them being busy but over two weeks is a tad bit rediculous.

My theory now is that our spam filter blocked it. I've adjusted it but havn't been able to get a hold of anyone there as of yet.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    It comes and goes. I had a really difficult time getting a hold of them, but once I did, future conversations were easy.
    dynamik wrote: »
    It comes and goes. I had a really difficult time getting a hold of them, but once I did, future conversations were easy.

As you wrote this I got a reply from them to re-fax it and I'd get the voucher within 24 hours. I'll be writing this on either the 18th or 19th of this month.