70-294: Counter-Attack Successful!

genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
Yes! On my 3rd attempt I finally passed this bugger of an exam. It wasn't pretty as I only scored a 723 but as the cliche goes, a Pass is a Pass.

Secret Weapon: Transcender. Awesome product.
I failed the 70-293 x2 and then bought the Transcender. 3rd attempt result - PASS.
I failed the 70-294 x2 and then bought the Transcender. 3rd attempt result - PASS.

Just a great product and I'm definitely going to purchase the 70-297 Transcender before I even attempt to pass that exam once. :)

Thanks for all for the encouragement and tips, it all really helped!

On to the 70-297.... I can smell the MCSE....
1) CCNP Goal: by August 2012

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wait, wouldn't this be the couter-counter-attack then? icon_scratch.gif

Congrats and good luck with 297!
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Congratulations! Never really used Transcender but it sounds like a pretty good product MCSE-wise at least.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • genXrcistgenXrcist Member Posts: 531
    dynamik wrote: »
    Wait, wouldn't this be the couter-counter-attack then? icon_scratch.gif

Congrats and good luck with 297!

No because that makes me look like more of a failure.... Thanks *tear* heh :)
  • djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
    Good job. How did you use Transcenders? Simulation mode? Did you make use of the flashcards?
    djhss68 wrote: »
    Good job. How did you use Transcenders? Simulation mode? Did you make use of the flashcards?

I mainly use the Optimized mode I think it's called, to choose how many questions and from what categories I want to learn more about. I did run through Preset Exam B but other than that, just the custom exams. Never did use the Flash cards because they ask a lot of questions with answers I've rarely seen on an exam. I am going to go back and use them though just for the knowlege. :)
    genXrcist wrote: »
    I mainly use the Optimized mode I think it's called, to choose how many questions and from what categories I want to learn more about. I did run through Preset Exam B but other than that, just the custom exams. Never did use the Flash cards because they ask a lot of questions with answers I've rarely seen on an exam. I am going to go back and use them though just for the knowlege. :)
    Good call. That's what I did for the 270. Read the question, answer, grade it, read the explanation, and onto the next one. It's the best way to use Transcenders IMO. I also use the flashcards quite extensively.

60-some bucks for 30-day access is friggin expensive though. icon_sad.gif

But I guess you get what you pay for. :)
    Good call. That's what I did for the 270. Read the question, answer, grade it, read the explanation, and onto the next one. It's the best way to use Transcenders IMO. I also use the flashcards quite extensively.

60-some bucks for 30-day access is friggin expensive though. icon_sad.gif

But I guess you get what you pay for. :)

Indeed it is!! Which is why I don't pay that. :) I buy mine from the Getcertify4Less link to the left. If you buy a voucher and a transcender exam together, it's $190 and that transcender is good for life on 2 seperate PC's. :)
    Wow, I did not know that. I'll try that for the rest of my track.Thanks.
  • tomkentomken Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I bet you are finally glad to get past this one!!! I am currently working on this exam and hope to be ready to take it by the end of the month.

Good luck with the 297!!!
  • ElwoodBluesElwoodBlues Member Posts: 117
    Congrats on the pass. I hope
    to repeat your success on my 3rd attempt as well.
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! With 294 fresh in your memory, 297 shouldn't be too rough. Brush up on your DNS and WINS server info from 291 and grab a book that covers NT to 2003 migrations in depth.

Transcender was pretty good for 297, but I had some UI issues with it. If I had the window maximized, I couldn't scroll through all the options on the left side of the case studies. I had to resize the window so that the navigation arrows would appear.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.
    Wow, I did not know that. I'll try that for the rest of my track.Thanks.

You're most welcome! :)
    tomken wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! I bet you are finally glad to get past this one!!! I am currently working on this exam and hope to be ready to take it by the end of the month.

Good luck with the 297!!!

You better believe it! I took a couple of hours off yesterday evening and then began reading my Sybex 70-297 book. When I'm finished with that I'll purchase the transcender exam and fill in all the gaps that the Sybex books leave. :) Thanks much!
    Congrats on the pass. I hope
    to repeat your success on my 3rd attempt as well.

I'm confident you will Elwood, you're scoring better on the Transcender's than I was. :)
    bwcarty wrote: »
    Congrats! With 294 fresh in your memory, 297 shouldn't be too rough. Brush up on your DNS and WINS server info from 291 and grab a book that covers NT to 2003 migrations in depth.

Transcender was pretty good for 297, but I had some UI issues with it. If I had the window maximized, I couldn't scroll through all the options on the left side of the case studies. I had to resize the window so that the navigation arrows would appear.

Do you have a recommendation on a book that covers that migration? Or perhaps a technet article? I'll keep your comments in mind for when I start using the 70-297 Transcender, hopefully they got the bug worked out. Thanks again!
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats Gen!

Good luck with the 297
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job on the exam. I'm glad you passed.
  • shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    bwcarty wrote: »
    I've been having the same issue with their 298 test. Their support stated that certain resolutions don't work with the test.
    Congrats Gen!
    Good luck with the 297

Thanks Net! How's your 297 studying going? What are you using?
    Psoasman wrote: »
    Nice job on the exam. I'm glad you passed.

Appreciate it Psoasman! I'll get back to you on the pm. :)
    shon541 wrote: »
    I've been having the same issue with their 298 test. Their support stated that certain resolutions don't work with the test.

What resolution did they state was an issue?
  • shon541shon541 Member Posts: 136
    What resolution did they state was an issue?

From the email I got from their support:
    For Case study control issues, looking at the bottom of case study control area, there is a big blue area making other case study buttons invisible.
    If they are maximizing the screen, this will distort the buttons area making some of them hidden behind the boxes.
    If the user is using full screen with particular resolution setting, then the problem occurs. Those resolutions include 1280x960, 1280x1024, 1600x1024, 1600x1200 etc.
    For non full-screen, any resolution will be OK.
    Thanks for the post bro! :)
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wow, i completely forgot to give my congrats! im glad you found the transcenders helpful! Good luck with 297!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Thanks Net! How's your 297 studying going? What are you using?

Eh, it's going. Slowly but surely. I have the Syngress book, transcender, preplogic study guide and CBT nuggets. It's mostly just review in a horrible case study format. I actually failed it twice now...I tried to cram it in June before the second shot expired and came up short with a 675.

Almost....there....must....keep....going.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)