Got my MCDST today

buttonsbuttons Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just passed the 70-272 and scored much better then I would of guessed. 861. I know this test is suppose to be cake, but my problem was more with the wording of the question and answers then the material.

I mean i support this stuff 5 days a week for the last 9 years, but after reading the questions i was always confused as to what they were looking for. I left a ton of feedback on each question that i felt was confusing. I didnt study for it, no more then glancing over a microsoft press readingess book for 40 minutes before i took the exam. I do not recommend their products by the way.

next on my list is 70-270, then 70-621, then towards MCSA.

Comments

• skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    awesome, congrats!!
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!!
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    buttons wrote: »
    next on my list is 70-270, then 70-621, then towards MCSA.

Congrats on the pass. Might I make a suggestion? All you need for the MCSA is the 270, 290, and 291. Why not take the 290 next? Then you will have a Server 2003 exam to put on your resume showing your intentions for your career. I would, if I were you, do the following:

2 reasons. There is a ton of overlap on the 270 and 290 and the 290, as I mentioned, might look better on the resume.
  • buttonsbuttons Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Might I make a suggestion? All you need for the MCSA is the 270, 290, and 291. Why not take the 290 next? Then you will have a Server 2003 exam to put on your resume showing your intentions for your career. I would, if I were you, do the following:

2 reasons. There is a ton of overlap on the 270 and 290 and the 290, as I mentioned, might look better on the resume.

Originally I was going after the MCSA, I was told the 270 is easier to pass then the 290 I felt taking the 270 first would help me get ready for the 290.

As you suggest I will do 270, 290, 621, then 291. It makes a lot of sense to me to do exams with overlapping material right after one another. I had given up on the MCSA because I have so much going on in my life right now, didnt want to take the time to setup a server box, study, work 50+ hours a week all while in the meantime planning a wedding.

These 271/272/621 exams were very appealing because i didnt need to study icon_smile.gif
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would disagree about the 290 being harder than the 270. But I do understand about the appeal of not having to study. Congrats on the pass, btw!
  • AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    First off congrats:)

Next up, I have a different way of looking at things. I think 270, then 621, then the 2k3. That gets you an MCITP and covers your MCSA requirment while it is fresh in your head. The titles can mean something when it comes to getting an interview. YMMV.
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog