Entry-level Programming with an Associates

crazyboi8503crazyboi8503 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello...I'm currently in the process of completing an A.A.S. with concentration in Application Development Programming from a local community college...After which, I plan on transferring to a university to finish a bachelors in MIS or Computer Science<<(LOTS OF MATH THAT I DON"T WANNA TAKE) icon_eek.gif I wanted to know is there "ANY" chance of me finding an entry-level programming job with an associates while persuing my bachelors??? I'm also doing some basic certs for free A+, Net+, Security+ and MCSA...(They might not help with the programming but they are free so I'm taking the courses..) ANy feedback would be appreciated!icon_cheers.gif

Comments

• /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I would say there is a possibility that you have some chance of obtaining an entry level programming job, sure.

Try looking for an internship or something through school.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Do you have any sort of portfolio of programs you've written? That's going to be more important than Systems/Networking certs.
  • crazyboi8503crazyboi8503 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    /usr wrote: »
    I would say there is a possibility that you have some chance of obtaining an entry level programming job, sure.

Try looking for an internship or something through school.

Thanks....I do plan on looking for something through school....Lots of social networking...
    dynamik wrote: »
    Do you have any sort of portfolio of programs you've written? That's going to be more important than Systems/Networking certs.

As of yet, I don't have a portfolio of programs.....I will look into creating my own portfolio..Thanks for the insight!
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Not certain any of those certs will help you with programming.

Anyhow I am going to say no. People with a BA would still have lotsa trouble. Not a lot of jobs and a lot of competition. your best bet right now it to join a corporately sponsored OpenSource project and start making friends while helping out. Get your name out there.

Also sell yourself for small business web site development projects.
    -Daniel