Linux+ Voucher Codes are Being Issued Again

ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
I filled out my request to take the Beta for the Linux+ that was going on and just received this today. Looks like another 50 people are being taken

Anyone else get this.

Hello, CompTIA has been in the beta phase of a new Linux+ exam for some time now, and we still need about 50 more people to register and take the exam. I have pulled the next group of names from those who applied, and am sending this mail to find out if you still want to take the exam and can commit to taking it before August 8. To be more specific, when the exams-taken number has reached 400 people, the Linux+ beta exam will be turned off—so it is in your interest to take it as soon as you can.

Restrictions:
1)You must live in the U.S. or Canada
2)You must be able to take the exam at a Pearson VUE testing center
3)You must be able to take it by August 8th (or earlier)
4)**You must be willing to wait until the live exam launches (5 or 6 months from now) in order to find out if you passed or failed and what your score was
5)There are no study materials for this exam because it is still in the beta stage.

If you do want to participate and can commit to the above, please reply to this mail, and I will send you a Pearson VUE voucher. Thanks.
CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
Cisco CCENT In Progress
MCP Server 291 In Progress
C|EH In Progress

Comments

• shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I wish they had icon_cry.gif
  • joecontrerasjoecontreras Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I got the same email the day before yesterday but it said they needed 75 more. I have already schedule my exam and didn't need one but it seems as though they are filling up the last few finally. I sit the exam on Monday morning.
  • matradleymatradley Member Posts: 549
    I received the same e-mail. I have already scheduled my exam for 29-Jul. I replied back stating I already have a voucher and am sitting the exam on the above specified date. They must be having a tough time finding people to take the exam.
    From Security+ book by Sybex:
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
  • wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    matradley wrote: »
    I received the same e-mail. I have already scheduled my exam for 29-Jul. I replied back stating I already have a voucher and am sitting the exam on the above specified date. They must be having a tough time finding people to take the exam.

That is good news, maybe they will switch to non American / Canadian people now :)
    I took the Linux+ Beta exam this morning. Pretty tough test. I did like the test because it covered a lot of material but without being boring or repetitive. I don't have a feeling one way or the other if I passed or not.

The difference for me between Linux certs and Windows Certs is that I have many more years experience with Windows and can make a pretty good educated guess if I am unsure of an answer. With Linux I haven't had as much experience so educated guesses become just plain old guesses.icon_lol.gif

I felt this exam needed less work than the Server+ Beta to become the Live version. I really didn't have as much to comment on as I did with Server+.
    ULWiz wrote: »
    4)**You must be willing to wait until the live exam launches (5 or 6 months from now) in
    Weird.. most communication I get from CompTIA states the new exam will be live in quarter 4.
    "One of the nice things about technology is that it's always changing. One of the bad things about technology is that it's always changing."
    Weird.. most communication I get from CompTIA states the new exam will be live in quarter 4.

If I am not mistaken that part of the email was probably copied and pasted from the original email sent out a few months back because I seem to remember mine saying the same back then. But then again they have had a hard time, it seems, getting enough people to take it so the new exam may have been pushed back to the first of next year. It seemed pretty close to being a good exam when I took it yesterday.
  • mistervincemistervince Member Posts: 81 ■■□□□□□□□□
    grrr we never had these when I took mine icon_sad.gif
    Why is SuSE better than Redhat?

Its alllll in the startup scripts. All in the startup scripts. >.<

(\__/)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
    (='.'=)your signature to help him gain world
    (")_(")domination.
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I feel like joecontreras. CompTIA has a good exam going here, and it is not repetitive or boring. I took it on 7/28.

The notice at the top of the application for the beta voucher states, "A new version of the CompTIA Linux+ certification exam is scheduled to launch in 2009." I guess they still plan this year for the go-live version.

Has anyone been turned away yet? I guess the offer is still open if the application is still out there.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
    I visited the Linux+ page at comptia.org today. They are not longer offering the 2009 beta vouchers on that page.
  • 7lowe7lowe Member Posts: 178 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I signed up for it today just in case as:

CompTIA Linux+ Beta

I read an article on the CompTIA website under "Exam Development" regarding that they will be scoring this exam on the first week of October. Perhaps we might see some results before year end.
    Been following this Linux+ Beta affair. I noticed this morning that, after the notice for the beta vouchers was removed from CompTIA Linux+,
    CompTIA has posted it again.

It seems unusual to me, but I guess that they cannot get the 400 takers that they need!
    Also seems that there would be more Linux technicians than this might indicate.
    janmike wrote: »
    Been following this Linux+ Beta affair. I noticed this morning that, after the notice for the beta vouchers was removed from CompTIA Linux+,
    CompTIA has posted it again.

It seems unusual to me, but I guess that they cannot get the 400 takers that they need!
    Also seems that there would be more Linux technicians than this might indicate.

I hope they stop soon. I would like to actually see my results this year. XD
    I hope they stop soon. I would like to actually see my results this year. XD

I am with you on this. Once the offer disappeared and they posted the Exam Workshops I thought it was getting close. But now it looks like it could be longer. icon_cry.gif
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Well I got an email today about taking the linux+ beta. They still need about 50 people (according to the email).
  • rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    I just got the email. Guess I get a shot now. :)