what should i bring

mwizards23mwizards23 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
i have a the test tomorrow at 9:30 and i have a fl id can i bring my social or my college id as a second identification?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Yea. I think they ask for something that also has a signature. I usually use a credit/check card as a second form of ID.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    mwizards23 wrote: »
    i have a the test tomorrow at 9:30 and i have a fl id can i bring my social or my college id as a second identification?

Prometric Services: Testing an Assessment

What type of identification must I bring to the test center?

ID requirements vary for many exams; unfortunately we cannot list each on this page. It is the examinee's responsibility to review the ID requirements for the exam you are taking before making your appointment. Please refer to your exam sponsor registration information for their specific ID requirements.
    In general, most exams require the following:
    For IT exams, you must have two valid forms of ID, one with a photo and both with signature.
    For Academic or Professional Licensure & Certification exams, you must have one valid government-issued ID bearing photo & signature. If the ID does not have either the photo or signature, a secondary ID must be presented that does.

What are acceptable forms of identification?

Acceptable forms of photo identification include:
    Driver's license
    Passport
    Military identification
    Employee identification card
    Acceptable forms of non-photo identification include:
    Credit card
    Check cashing card
    Please note: Credit cards and check cashing cards are not acceptable secondary ID for GRE, GMAT, TOEFL, PRAXIS, and NBPTS.
    Social Security cards are not considered acceptable forms of identification.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • mwizards23mwizards23 Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    i just have that school id my social and birth certificate
    so NO on the SS#
    (nor would I use that for this sort of situation...your SSN# should not be used as a piece of ID other than for Tax ID purposes...therefore, very few people/business ever need it). FWIW
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

i have a passport but it is not recent it was when i was young im 20 now
    i just have that school id my social and birth certificate

Are you in the US?

Then a personal ID card or valid drivers license should probably be obtained.

Otherwise, call your exam center and find out what you are permitted to use. It really shouldn't be difficult to come up with a valid form of ID. The list is fairly board (why they accept ccards is beyond me icon_rolleyes.gif).
    Plantwiz
    _____

i really dont have much
    college id that i attend
    social carfd
    birth certificate
    i have a savings account which they send my balance
    and a passport from when i was young
    i have a passport but it is not recent it was when i was young im 20 now

Well, if you are a US citizen, then you should already have a Personal ID card as this is your form of ID when a person doesn't drive or have a valid drivers license (due to their choice or loss due to traffic violations).

Really not much excuse to be void of the options on the list.

Otherwise, get your passport current.
    Plantwiz
    _____

yea i was born here i got the passport from when i young but i moved from the part its five mins away from where i stay now
    i mean thats really it besides my florida id
    yea i was born here i got the passport from when i young but i moved from the part its five mins away from where i stay now

icon_scratch.gif

So you are a US citizen and you've never obtain a drivers license? Not real strange, but unless you State has some strange rules...most States I'm familiar with require you to have obtained your personal ID or License by age 16 (and certainly by age 1icon_cool.gif.

Again, this is just not an excuse. Go down tomorrow and apply for your proper ID. Or get your passport updated (which will take something like 6-8 weeks).

Where you live won't matter, you will file a permanent address and can usually register a temporary address (for school and such).

Unless your State has some unique laws about this, but not having a State ID is ... well... very unusual. I'm going to go double check several State sites, but I cannot believe we have a State in the Union that permits its residents to live as an adult without some valid ID (isn't this why we have the current debacle of a universal ID on the tables??)
    Plantwiz
    _____

i mean thats really it besides my florida id

OK...

(sorry, you replied during my typing).

So why don't you use your FL ID?
    State ID are typically treated the same as a Drivers License (minus the obvious permission to drive).
    Plantwiz
    _____

FL ID CARD:

Applying for a New Florida DMV Identification Card - DMV Guide

Importance of ID Cards
    No matter where you go, sooner or later you'll be asked for your ID. It's inevitable and can even happen when buying groceries, making trip arrangements, and applying for volunteer opportunities.

People usually show their driver licenses as proof of identity, but if you don't or can't drive for any reason, having a state ID card is an ideal alternative. It's just as valid as a driver license for identity purposes, and there are no pesky required tests.

How to Apply for a Florida ID Card
    Show your documents proving identity (non-U.S. citizens can use these documents as proof).
    Show your Social Security card (if you have one).
    Be at least 5 years of age.
    Offer proof of your correct address.
    Pay the applicable fees:

Original card: $10
    Renewal: $10
    Duplicate: $10
    Address change: $10
    Plantwiz
    _____

o ok so i have the fl id so i do i need a second one with a signature cause my teacher said use the social cause im going to the place he tested
    o ok so i have the fl id so i do i need a second one with a signature cause my teacher said use the social cause im going to the place he tested

Never just take someone else's word for what is acceptable.

I've provided you a link that clearly states SSN# is not a valid form of ID (nor have I ever seen that accepted anywhere myself other then for Tax ID info).

So, contact your testing center.

Or use your State ID and something else from the list.

If you are 20, then be responsible and get yourself proper ID (such as your passport updated). If you never leave your local area, you probably won't run into problems, but if you leave your State or even the US, it would be simply irresponsible not to have these matters in order. You are an adult now, so it is your responsibility to have these matters in order. Not having a credit card icon_cheers.gif GOOD FOR YOU!! but not being able to prove your Identity...just...no valid excuse, sorry.

Good luck on your exam! Get your paperwork in line! (first thing tomorrow aka..July 29, 9).
    Plantwiz
    _____

• matt79matt79 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    For mine I used my drivers ID and college ID.
    CCNA certified
    Network+ certified
    Security+ certified
    A+ certified
    CCNP in progress
    :study: