How indicative is Transcender of the test?

TheDongerTheDonger Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all,

So I'm hunkering down for the next 2-3 weeks to take this thing, and despite the fact that I feel I have a general grasp of the ideas I have been getting my backside handed to me on my transcender tests.

How indicative of the actual exam will this be? At this point, I'm trying to work through a topic per day and then mix it in with reviewing my notes, googling, etc. Some of the gray areas like "which IP should go to where" in the IP addressing section have been very hit-and-miss in terms of explanation, and I think we all know that wasting time on the wrong topics is just as good as not studying at all.

It's not that this stuff is INSANELY HARD per se, it's just very specialized for each area and then you consider the fact that there are FIVE specific areas to focus on and then you start doing loop-de-loops in your head. How can you keep it straight?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I thought it was pretty much on par, maybe slightly more difficult.
  • Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I found Transcender to be more difficult than the actual exam. If you're getting decent scores on Transcender and understand the material then you shouldn't have a problem. Good luck!
    Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!
  • Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    I found Transcender to be more difficult than the actual exam. If you're getting decent scores on Transcender and understand the material then you shouldn't have a problem. Good luck!

+1

I found Transcender to be more difficult as well. You'll have no problem passing the real exam if you can pass Transcender tests.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • petedudepetedude Member Posts: 1,510
    Big Jizay wrote: »
    +1

I found Transcender to be more difficult as well. You'll have no problem passing the real exam if you can pass Transcender tests.

Particularly so with the Microsoft exams.
    Even if you're on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there.
    --Will Rogers
  • z3pxz3px Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I haven't taken 291 yet (in the process of doing so) but I can say through using transcender with 290,270,and A+ that it feels a little harder than the real thing. Maybe that's why they are so confident in their pass rates!
  • TheDongerTheDonger Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    It wasn't really much like the test.

I passed with a 700 on Tuesday. After two months of study, and the majority of the last month being almost 4 hours a day, the best I could do was 700. I couldn't believe I even passed.

I'm getting geared up for 70-293. In all honesty, I'm going back to the drawing board with this test in terms of what I need to learn and understanding it. You can't NOT know the basics and pass, but it seems I'm getting tested on more and more minutiae that's not expressly covered in the MCSE "brick" books, transcender, etc.

I'm going to look at other books and sources.