BCMSN Today!

accelyaccely Member Posts: 101
Well, after about 2 months of labs, books and studying I know I'm ready to take the BCMSN. I take it today at 2PM :)

Used: CBTNuggets, Cisco Press BCMSN Official Exam Cert, CCNP BCMSN Lab Portfolio (home lab), Cisco practice questions on website and other randoms

Thus far, I feel like the BCMSN is much easier than the BSCI and I've enjoyed it a little bit more although I like all the topics in routing too.

After this I'm contemplating on taking the last 2 for CCNP or doing the CCNA Security since I've already watched the nuggets and it's VERY interesting stuff.

Hope I come back to have good news! Cya everyone.

*EDIT* Passed on my 2nd try with 922 :D
Progress: CCIE RS Lab scheduled for Jan. 2012
Equipment: Cisco 360 program racks

Comments

• wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    XXXXX, also I hear that the CCNA Security has a bit of overlap on the ISCW exam. So that could be a way to pick up some info for the next exam and get a cert out of it too.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    Good luck and let us know how it goes! :)

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog
  • FattyAcidFattyAcid Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    accely wrote: »
    Thus far, I feel like the BCMSN is much easier than the BSCI and I've enjoyed it a little bit more although I like all the topics in routing too.

I felt it was easier too--but then I scored like 80 points lower on it than BSCI!
  • accelyaccely Member Posts: 101
    800/804 icon_sad.gif sooo close...

well... I felt good in it even though I had two sims that I didnt see before, I think I nailed them though.

I had one voice question that was (select three) and one of the selections was a major spelling typo so I made a comment on it.. not sure if that will get reviewed/corrected and give me 4 more points or not.. I won't be holding my breathe.

Anyone had experience with score changes based on typos and leaving comments?

I'll get it next week I suppose!

If it was a typo, hopefully it was just a "beta question." If it were a real question, I'd choose a "correct typo" over a wrong correctly spelled answer..... assuming I could tell the difference :D

The important thing is to learn from this one and move on -- don't let it bother you and interfere with your preparation for round two.
  • wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am sure you will kill it next time!
  • accelyaccely Member Posts: 101
    1st Try 800,
    2nd try 922! yipeee :D

I watched train signal between my first one last week and today. I think they are pretty helpful and he hits on some topics that you dont see anywhere else (not major topics just random things that help to know, like those questions you see on the exam and go "huh?") I think the CBTNuggets are good to watch first for a higher level view in a more 'friendly/playful' view but the train signals are straight raw facts and things you need to know. Both are great IMO.

Only the ONT/ISCW left.

I kinda want to get my CCNA Security first though, just because I think it'd be a good thing to say you have a good knowledge base of security in the networking world, then finish up my CCNP, what do you guys think? I've already watched the Nuggets on CCNA:S and it seems relatively easy and interesting.

• Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    Congrats.

I can't speak from the experience of actually taking the ISCW exam, but there seems to be quite a bit of overlap in the CCNA Security and the ISCW so it certainly wouldn't be time wasted.

I am actually glad that I finished the CCNA security before I started working on the CCNP as there was also some overlap on the BCMSN exam.

I agree with your comments about the Train Signal videos. In fact, I would personally choose them over CBT nuggets any day. Though Chris Bryant isn't as engaging as Jeremy, the material is definitely more thorough.

Good luck on your ONT and ISCW
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Knock out the ISCW + CCNA:S at the same time. There is some pretty decent overlap.
    accely wrote: »
    yipeee :D
    Congratulations!! icon_cheers.gif
  • e24ohme24ohm Member Posts: 151
    Congrads!!!
    Utini!
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□