Options

CCNP Lab

2»

Comments

• Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    tiersten wrote: »
    What is officially supported and what actually works aren't quite the same. Cisco don't support the FE NMs in a 2600XM but apparently it does work if you get the right NM and router revisions. In the case of the combo NMs, I've not heard of anybody getting any of them to even be recognised by the 2600 IOS.

Well, in the case of the FE NM's, I used to work for a reseller, and rarely did I have a problem getting them to work in any model of 2600, XM or no, which is why I was comfortable buying them for my own routers.

The combo cards, otoh, yeah, the 2600's hate those
  • Options
    SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    Another question about my lab setup. I've finally gotten my 2511/2 octal cable combo. I'm trying to setup the access server but I cant get it telnet to any of the routers/switches. It constantly gives error "% Connection refused by remote host". I've set up the ip host statements, even set the line 1 16 no exec statement. Wheres a good full walkthrough on how to set up both the access server and the routers/switches to be accessed? Any help would be appreciated.
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • Options
    wastedtimewastedtime Member Posts: 586 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I want to say that while I was watching the CCNA: Security CBT Nuggets videos Jeremy Cioara said that the free video titled "CCIE Series Intro: So you Want to be a CCIE" had a walk through. Just go to cbtnuggets.com and look through their free videos.
  • Options
    I've watched that video, didnt see a walkthrough for the setup. I'll check it out again and make sure. Anyone else? Walkthrough for Access Server? I've checked out all of them I can find, followed it to the tee. Keep getting the same error.

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Anyone else?
    If you search the forum for your error ("% Connection refused by remote host") you'll find the previous threads with the various different problems that caused it -- my favorite was the layer 1 cable tip issue. icon_lol.gif Otherwise it's usually the missing no exec (and resulting "futzed" remote line), wrong/missing transport, line needs to be cleared, wrong line number used, wrong cable end plugged in, wrong ip address used, etc....
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    I got it to work. Clearing the lines worked. After that they worked fine.