Options

Net+ N10-004

DanielthemanDanieltheman Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
hey guys,

after deciding to go after the 004 im looking at different books and study giudes and i found the CompTIA Network+ Study Guide: Exam N10-004 By Todd Lammle, the reviews i've seen look good but i want to make sure its a good book for someone with limited experience in networking and who is looking to pass the test and gain good knowledge any thoughts on how good the book is?

thnx for the help.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Meyers and Sybex are the books I'll always recommend for A+ and NET+. Others have some different preferences, but many will comment that Meyers and Sybex are your best choice.

Search the other threads for the feedback as this question appears a ton.

As far as find a book to help you due to lack of experience. Honestly, you need some experience, so volunteer at Church, small businesses, Non-profits or see if you can shadow a senior tech for a bit (sort of a mini-internship).

Set up a lab and get familiar with things.

No book can replace what you learn by doing.

Good luck
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    hackenhacken Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Comptia states you need 9 months of real life networking and A+ certification before you attempt to take the network +

CompTIA Network+

Suggestion start small and decide what career path you want
    MCSE OR MCSA or CCENT OR CCNA

I am personally going down the MCSA PATH and remember the A+ and Network + count as one elective toward the MCSA only not the MCSE
  • Options
    TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    hacken wrote: »
    Comptia states you need 9 months of real life networking and A+ certification before you attempt to take the network +

CompTIA Network+

Suggestion start small and decide what career path you want
    MCSE OR MCSA or CCENT OR CCNA

I am personally going down the MCSA PATH and remember the A+ and Network + count as one elective toward the MCSA only not the MCSE

Recommended experience: CompTIA A+ certification and nine months networking experience
    Its recommended but its not required.
  • Options
    bv0rbv0r Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Plantwiz, would you say Meyer's and Sybex alone, the both of these will allow me to pass the exam?