Options

Passed 431

drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
Well after the debacle on Monday, had my retake today and scored 820. The printer did not work, so I did not receive the breakdown for MC vs. SIM. I talk with Prometric and they are emailing as well as mailing it to me. The past 7 or so months have been really tough, so taking a break I think for a bit.
Not sure what's next. Maybe upgrade MCSA to 2008 and work toward the 536. I also have a Java book I have yet to start.
I used some Microsoft books, the All In One MCITP by Darril Gibson, which I really liked and would highly recommend. Also TestOut, CBT Nuggets, Measure Up, Transcender, and have SQL installed on my machine.

Question: does any other exam score like this one. I haven't heard of any other 2 part exam which took you lower of the two scores as your final. Pretty nerve wracking.

thanks for reading.

Have Triplets, Need Beer

Comments

• Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congrats. I have not taken any other exam with this type of scoring.
  • Options
    drewkegdrewkeg Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thanks, maybe it was experimental?

Have Triplets, Need Beer
  • Options
    tribe_menxtribe_menx Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well done !
    B.Science Information Systems
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    drewkeg wrote: »
    thanks, maybe it was experimental?

No, it makes sense with this sort of exam, though. I know there are some new versions of the Server 2008 exams that are performance based, so their scores might be broken out like this. But when I took the 08 exams there were no sims at all. They were just out of beta. Some one in the 08 forums would certainly be able to say.
  • Options
    brad-brad- Member Posts: 1,218
    drewkeg wrote: »
    Question: does any other exam score like this one. I haven't heard of any other 2 part exam which took you lower of the two scores as your final. Pretty nerve wracking.
    you have to pass both portions of the test with 70% or better. There's no reason to take the average if you can make a 100% and a 60% and fail.