Options

Passed 8/27 905/1000

SmootCISSmootCIS Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
The test is really simple if you understand the concepts, I used Exam 2 Cram as my main reference, then I used Test out videos to concrete the information learned. I beleive the main reason people fail or score low on this test is assuming just because you are an advanced user, you should do well. Well on to my next cert I want to get a MCTS next and work towards my MCSE and maybe earn my MCITP along the way any suggestions? I know I can take the VISTA route but this would be a paper cert being that vista is not likely going to be here much longer.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    All exams are easy once you know the material icon_lol.gif

Congratulations!
  • Options
    mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    in my opinion the vista exam is worth it, its going to be around a while yet :)
  • Options
    forgot to say.... congrats!! :D
  • Options
    Thank you for the congrads yeah I went ahead and ordered the study mats for the 70-620 Looks like something I could get handled in about a weeks worth of study so I am going ahead and taking it, unfortunately it is going to be around for a while so it would be better to have a cert for it.
  • Options
    Iv heard a lot of people say 'unfortunately' but i like vista. its really not that bad. after using windows 7 and vista, it certainly has made xp look old.
  • Options
    SneakyStevieSneakyStevie Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    SmootCIS wrote: »
    I know I can take the VISTA route but this would be a paper cert being that vista is not likely going to be here much longer.

It's not a bad idea to take the 70-620. It's a fairly easy test, and it's a good entry into the new operating systems. Windows 7 is like Vista in a lot of ways and the 70-620 counts toward many different certification paths.
  • Options
    Yeah I have signed up for the 70-620 it does look way easier it is pretty much learning how to install Windows Vista for your grandmother. 70-270 was alot more fun to study for, filled with lots of neat info, but the more I am studying Vista the less I am seeming to like it. What one must do to earn a paycheck these days.
  • Options
    mrmcmint wrote: »
    Iv heard a lot of people say 'unfortunately' but i like vista. its really not that bad. after using windows 7 and vista, it certainly has made xp look old.

If you just want to Jazz up the look of XP you can make it look identical to Vista, and keep the speed, and functionality.

I mean hey even Intel passed on Vista, and kept XP, but you are right MS7 is pretty much Vista SP 1 so having a cert in it will be worth while, I just wish the MS7 MCTS counted toward the MCSE, I mean if not as a client at least as a elective
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    SmootCIS wrote: »
    If you just want to Jazz up the look of XP you can make it look identical to Vista, and keep the speed, and functionality.

Royale Noir: secret XP theme uncovered (download) - istartedsomething is a favorite of mine.
  • Options
    Very nice, I like the blue color scheme as well as the black