Options

ITIL Foundation Examination

RadheRadhe Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I am planning to appear for ITIL foundation exam, has anyone written exam recently and would really appreciate if you could share your experience with me.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    AlexandarAlexandar Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi:

I took the test on Aug 27 using EXIN and testing through pearsonvue. I read the following:
    1. CBTs from a private company
    2. ITIL® V3 Foundation Exam (ISBN 978 90 8753 069 3)

I passed with a score of 100%. Although CBT was helpful but it was missing some concepts that are found in the book listed above. If I had known earlier I would have just bought that book since that is good enough to help you to pass. The exam in the book gives a good understanding of how the real exam will be.

Thanks
  • Options
    RadheRadhe Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Alexander

Thanks for your reply and congrats. How many hours of study did you put. Did you do any mock exams available on websites. Is this book available on amazon .

Thanks,

Alexandar wrote: »
    Hi:

I took the test on Aug 27 using EXIN and testing through pearsonvue. I read the following:
    1. CBTs from a private company
    2. ITIL® V3 Foundation Exam (ISBN 978 90 8753 069 3)

I passed with a score of 100%. Although CBT was helpful but it was missing some concepts that are found in the book listed above. If I had known earlier I would have just bought that book since that is good enough to help you to pass. The exam in the book gives a good understanding of how the real exam will be.

Thanks
  • Options
    DerekAustin26DerekAustin26 Member Posts: 275
    I took the test 9/28/2009 ( 2 days ago ) Just know Service as a Value. Know Service Design and it's management types.. and Service Transition.. At least those seem to be on my test alot.
  • Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    I did mine last year (if you can call that recent), I posted about it here. This is the book and this is the CBT that I used.

I found the ITIL v3 foundation exam and the subject materials were dry and boring, however the CBT did help alot. I would rate ITIL (at least studying for it) on par with watching paint dry, but that's just my opinion (everyone is different). But it's a popular subject as alot of companies want to get the most out of their IT Services helpdesk/servicedesk and by implementing/working towards this framework properly, they will do.

-ken
  • Options
    qwerbyqwerby Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also found the official OGC material a horrible read. Its a summarisation of 5 core box. So the text doesnt flow and no topic is explained, just thrown at you.

I eventually used a online ITIL self-study website Learn ITIL and PRINCE2 and Certify via SelfStudy Training , and passed last week icon_cheers.gif

I found the website very good. Very clear and to the point with lots of good prep material.

NinjaBoy wrote: »
    I did mine last year (if you can call that recent), I posted about it here. This is the book and this is the CBT that I used.

I found the ITIL v3 foundation exam and the subject materials were dry and boring, however the CBT did help alot. I would rate ITIL (at least studying for it) on par with watching paint dry, but that's just my opinion (everyone is different). But it's a popular subject as alot of companies want to get the most out of their IT Services helpdesk/servicedesk and by implementing/working towards this framework properly, they will do.

-ken