How to 'celebrate' dynamik's 10,000th post?

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
For those who haven't noticed, dynamik is about to post his 10,000th post!

How are we gonna celebrate this record milestone? Ideas welcomed :)

Edit: This was my 700th post, kind of weird!

Comments

• PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    1. flog him 10,000 times ;) (wait, he may enjoy it)
    2. Get him banned at 9999 so he is never allowed to post again (well, we'd miss his great commentary)
    3. Have a treat at home and toast to his achievement!

Way to go dynamik!!!!icon_cheers.gif

I'll go with #3...although... ;)
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ....That is a lot of posts...awesome help on many different subjects!
  • binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    I second plantwiz!

But I also think there should ideally be a Hall of Fame on techexams, so those who contribute significantly to the community are recognized.
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I say we continue to ignore him as we've done for the last 9000+ posts.

MS
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    eMeS wrote: »
    I say we continue to ignore him as we've done for the last 9000+ posts.

MS

Seconded. All in favor? :)
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Thirded!

However, I think we should do a drinking game where you have to take a shot for each post between now and then. Next week is going to rock icon_cool.gif
    dynamik wrote: »
    Thirded!

However, I think we should do a drinking game where you have to take a shot for each post between now and then. Next week is going to rock icon_cool.gif

Then we can flog you icon_twisted.gif

I think eMeS may be onto something there...for 9800 posts, no one seem to notice our dynamik...now all of a sudden...he's growing up and spreading his wings icon_thumright.gif

In any case, thank you to dynamik for all you have contributed! You have been very generous with your knowledge and we've all benefited by having you around this forum.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

• eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    Then we can flog you icon_twisted.gif

I'm too afraid of the diseases that might fly off of that pale, scabby and pimpled dork to participate in the flogging.
    In any case, thank you to dynamik for all you have contributed! You have been very generous with your knowledge and we've all benefited by having you around this forum

Seconded. I add that rumor has it that the average IQ in the states of Minnesota and Louisiana is about to increase as a result of him leaving one and moving to the other.

It's so rare that these things are "win-win" for everyone involved...

MS
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I add that rumor has it that the average IQ in the states of Minnesota and Louisiana is about to increase as a result of him leaving one and moving to the other.

MS

hahaha well done sir ;)
  • ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    Dynamik is a helpful person who gave up a lot of his time for this forum.

icon_thumright.gif
  • JockVSJockJockVSJock Member Posts: 1,118
    Agreed, thanks for all you do Dynamik.
    Dynamik is a helpful person who gave up a lot of his time for this forum.

icon_thumright.gif
    ***Freedom of Speech, Just Watch What You Say*** Example, Beware of CompTIA Certs (Deleted From Google Cached)

"Its easier to deceive the masses then to convince the masses that they have been deceived."
    -unknown
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I love this forum! Man, ya never know what might happen next ;) I am partial to the flogging :)

Just kidding! Congratz Dynamik, and thanks for all the commentary!
  • Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Wow, I have just assumed he was bot all these years!
    -Daniel
    Daniel333 wrote: »
    Wow, I have just assumed he was bot all these years!

Of course he's a bot, but a smart one, one that can think and reason :) This is science fiction in real....
    It's no big deal guys; I enjoy interacting with everyone here.

I definitely appreciate the gratitude, but I'm really not a big fan of being in the limelight. As MS and Plantwiz have demonstrated, I respond much better to abuse (either physical or emotional/psychological). icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif
  • sidsanderssidsanders Member Posts: 217 ■■■□□□□□□□
    1. flog him 10,000 times ;) (wait, he may enjoy it)
    2. Get him banned at 9999 so he is never allowed to post again (well, we'd miss his great commentary)
    3. Have a treat at home and toast to his achievement!

Way to go dynamik!!!!icon_cheers.gif

I'll go with #3...although... ;)

as a new guy here, ill add this: i post on another site where a guy was near 10k posts and the mods reset his post count to 0 for fun.
    GO TEAM VENTURE!!!!
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    dynamik wrote: »
    As MS and Plantwiz have demonstrated, I respond much better to abuse (either physical or emotional/psychological). icon_twisted.gificon_lol.gif

If we have to match all three there are so many options!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Some company already got word of his upcoming achievement, and created an action figure in his honor:

Pole Dancer Doll Doesn't Really Set the Perfect Role Model - Pole Dancer Doll - Gizmodo
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Option 3: A freak accident causing irrecoverable loss in a specific field in the forums database. Dynamik's post count would reset to -129298383.
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    his evil twin, statik, isn't going to let dynamik get that far.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    He only has 112 posts remaining. He has slowed down his posting rate a bit, so it might take as long as 20 minutes to get those last 112 posts.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    blargoe wrote: »
    He only has 112 posts remaining. He has slowed down his posting rate a bit, so it might take as long as 20 minutes to get those last 112 posts.

DDoS every ISP in minnesota -- you will slow him down eventually! It will totally be worth it.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I'm too afraid of the diseases that might fly off of that pale, scabby and pimpled dork to participate in the flogging.

Seconded. I add that rumor has it that the average IQ in the states of Minnesota and Louisiana is about to increase as a result of him leaving one and moving to the other.

MS

This is like the 3rd post from you about dynamik that I lol'ed in 3 weeks, icon_lol.gif

MY suggestion: Party in AZ!!!!! icon_cool.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    And here I was, just planning to take him out back and shoot him. . . (they discontinued Cash for Clunkers, so we can't get our $4,500 from the government for trading him in at 10,000 posts for a newer model). icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    How about 10000 lashes? Good old biblical style! :D

ooo wait, knowing dynamic he probably will get a kick off the lashing ;)
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
    What about sending him 10,000 spam email? :)
  • ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    q9.jpg
    For you Dynamik
    LOL :D
    nel wrote: »
    How about 10000 lashes? Good old biblical style! :D

ooo wait, knowing dynamic he probably will get a kick off the lashing ;)

icon_cry.gif

already suggested this (see 1st reply to this thread)...sniff...sniff...few read my posts icon_sad.gif

;)

eMeS pointed out that dynamik wouldn't survice it though...far too frail :)
    Plantwiz
    _____

• WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    The Webmaster should reset the posting database when he gets to 9999, resetting everyone back to 0.

That would be hilarious as he starts fresh!
    As far as the pranks go, I think the negative number was my favorite so far. Nothing like working back to 0 from -10,000 icon_lol.gif