I just randomly booked the test for sept. 30th

So I was having an extremely hard time trying to focus and study for this test. So I just booked it for end of this month. Randomly chose the day and time. I have barely studied for the test lol but I have 2 years of experience working with the stuff.

Think this was the right thing? Hopefully it was motivation enough to get it done!

Comments

• jfmcaninchjfmcaninch Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I do the same technique. You can always reschedule if you really need after setting the date. However, the personal frustration of needing to reschedule again ensures you don't reschedule again. With 291 and the amount of info to study, I want to finish in one contiguous block and not have to reread again after a gap in studies. I missed passing the 292 exam by 1 question and didn't have the time to rewrite (started a new job). I have studied 291 again for the last six months with a lag in between. So technically I have read the 291 info three times. I am now setting my exam for two weeks.

Good luck to you!
    Currently studying for 70-410 hoping to write June 2016 with end goal of MCSE:Server Infrastructure
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck to you both!
    Mine is also scheduled for end of the month.... icon_study.gificon_study.gificon_study.gif
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm doing the same thing. My study has become a bit stagnant so I'm just gonna book the exam for 2 weeks time. That should get me back on path.
  • Geek1969Geek1969 Member Posts: 100 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's exactly what I did. I passed 290 back in March and let the summer get away studying slowly. I booked it 2 1/2 weeks out. Studied about 10-12 hrs /week and passed w/ 905. Got me back in the mindset also, I'm 1/4 way through 293 now. Good luck to all of you at the end of the month.
    WIP:
    ROUTE
  • kenny831kenny831 Member Posts: 266
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I am in the same situation, I passed the 290 last March and Keep studying very slow for the 291. So I am thinking to set the test for the end of September, otherwise I will keep waiting and waiting without complete it.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.

• bikeandskibikeandski Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yup, same boat here. Passed the 290 early in the year, have had a hard time motivating myself to study... Need to book the exam and get it knocked out. At least I'm not the only one!
  • sifusifu Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Wow!!! My friends give me a hard time because I also schedule and exam that way. That is probably the only way I can actually study. :)
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sifu wrote: »
    Wow!!! My friends give me a hard time because I also schedule and exam that way. That is probably the only way I can actually study. :)

You study how you want to study, whichever way works for you is best.
    I did the same with this exam, i thought i would never get it done so i picked a random date and booked it. It helps to give you a target and plan your study around it.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I just set mine for Sept 29 in the morning, let's see what happend, now I begin to study more.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.