Options

What do employers think of training experience?

jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
I've been trying to figure out what an employer would think of Microsoft training experience when considering an applicant for a non-training position. Any ideas?
"Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."

Comments

• Options
    buchatechbuchatech Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I think they would look at it is having the ability to train users and work well with people. I dont think training skills alone will land you a job.
  • Options
    buchatech wrote: »
    I think they would look at it is having the ability to train users and work well with people. I dont think training skills alone will land you a job.

oh okay. well i was a network admin for like 5 years prior
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    From my experience employers love a candidate to have training experience. It shows that they can interact with people and trainers usually have the book knowledge down hard.

I agree that other experience is probably needed but training exp looks really good on a resume.
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've been trying to figure out what an employer would think of Microsoft training experience when considering an applicant for a non-training position. Any ideas?

I think it has to be a plus overall Jimmy. It shows you are not a wallflower and are at least qualified in passing on what you know to other people.
  • Options
    thanks for the input guys!
  • Options
    buchatechbuchatech Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
    oh okay. well i was a network admin for like 5 years prior

You should be able to land a really good position with that. I also see that you have a BS degree and lots of certs. With training exp on top of this will only help you out.