My Journey begins.....

bsibarybsibary Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am beginning my journey towards getting the CISSP cert. I currently have the 2007 Shon Harris video series, Passport, All-in-one 4th edition, and CISSP for dummies. I have been looking into boot camps, but would like to avoid the cost if possible. I am glad I came across this website/forum and have already read some helpful posts. Hopefully I can finish this thread a couple of months from now with a successful story!

Comments

• GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Keep us informed on what your study tools,routine etc is. I'm going to go for this end of the year.
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,021 Admin
  • GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just bought the all in one guide so I'll start there then use the CBK.

• w33tw33t Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    bsibary,

Good luck on your Journey, I will also be taking the exam..hopefully towards the end of this year. So far I have been using Shon Harris's All in One, SANS Mgmt 414 Course (Audio mp3's from a seminar) and Shon Harris's Lecture video's. How informative does the Passport / Cissp for dummies seem? I heard that they are worth looking into as well, however I'm not trying to overload myself with books in the same sense.

Brian
  • smcanuffsmcanuff Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Has anyone try the CISSP book from (ISC)2 before? how good is it?
    Don't worry about what's ahead. Just go as far as you can. From there, you can see farther:cheers:
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,021 Admin
    smcanuff wrote: »
    The OIG is the official text for the CISSP exam. However, even it doesn't fully cover all of the possible material in the CISSP CBK. No single book can do that, so you will need to study from multiple sources. As for how good the OIG is, well, that's a matter of opinion and much debate. I'd still try to use it regardless of what a few reviews on amazon.com might say.
  • Chivalry1Chivalry1 Member Posts: 569
    Good luck...I scheduled mine for October 25.
    "The recipe for perpetual ignorance is: be satisfied with your opinions and
    content with your knowledge. " Elbert Hubbard (1856 - 1915)
  • unsupportedunsupported Member Posts: 192
    smcanuff wrote: »

It is better than Tylenol PM or Ambien if you want to fall asleep quickly. I've only read a small portion of the book and.. well.. it is not an easy read. All In One is much better.

Good luck!
    -un

“We build our computer (systems) the way we build our cities: over time, without a plan, on top of ruins” - Ellen Ullman
  • smcanuffsmcanuff Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for your reviews...
    Don't worry about what's ahead. Just go as far as you can. From there, you can see farther:cheers: