Exam booked for 24 Sept

ChippermarChippermar Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Well finally finished the MSPress Book and the Syngress book (Syngress by far better)

A flick through - Microsoft Windows Server 2003 PKI and Certificate Security (To indepth!!!)

Test Out and CBT Nuggets (Test Out better)

now last minute practice labs and away for the exam on the 24 Sept

Wish me luck

Comments

• murdatapesmurdatapes Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good Luck! You will do fine.
    Next up
    CIW Web Foundations Associatef(Knock out some certs before WGU)
    ITIL Intermediate Service Operations
  • ChippermarChippermar Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi All

Just got back

With a score of 781, I thought i had failed!

the exam was very difficult and i used all my alloted time 3 hrs!

PKI and Sims seem to be the topic of the day

Now im stuck - dont know whether to continue on the Security path and do my 299 or have a change and do 294

or

299 and 298 together?

Let me know your thoughts

but for now - BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEER!
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You could do the 294 next if you need a break. Having taken the 299 and 298 separately, you could definitely take them both on the same day, as the 298 book doesn't really add much. I read through the book and its boring, mostly guidelines.
    The 294 is a different beast with the GPOs, sites, etc. I liked that course. Good luck on whichever exam you take next.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Psoasman wrote: »
    The 294 is a different beast with the GPOs, sites, etc. I liked that course.

Psoasman obviously likes pain. icon_smile.gif

294 is difficult one with long tedious questions, like 293 I guess. Keep going with the sec certs if they're easy. Couldn't say as haven't done them.
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! :D
  • novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    Congrats, a pass is a pass! i am testing on monday for the 293, hopefully i dont have to resit this one....
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    Psoasman obviously likes pain. icon_smile.gif

I'll admit it took a little while to get warmed up to the 294, but once I did I thought it was an interesting course as it brought a lot of the 290, 291, and 293 material together for me.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I did them in the wrong order: 290, 294, 291 and now 293. I guess MS structured them accordingly for a reason. Makes sense to learn DNS before AD.

Man I'm looking forward to finishing this set.
  • bwcartybwcarty Member Posts: 422 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mikedisd2 wrote: »
    I did them in the wrong order: 290, 294, 291 and now 293. I guess MS structured them accordingly for a reason. Makes sense to learn DNS before AD.

Man I'm looking forward to finishing this set.

Heh...you're like me. I started with 291, then 290, 227 (ISA 2000 - the exam was being retired and I wanted to put my training materials to use), 270, 294, 297, and now I have to go back for 293 to finish my MCSE.
    Help eradicate blood cancers with a donation to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society.