Options

New Aion game

Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
I heard about this new MMORPG named Aion. From what I've heard, it's supposed to be similar to WOW. I am wondering if anyone has played this game yet. What do you think of it? Is it worth the money?
The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293

Comments

• Options
    Knives OutKnives Out Member Posts: 91 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I read on massively.com that they had 7 hour login queues last week :)

I too would like to know other people's impressions of the game, if Champions Online doesn't pan out for me I might want to try Aion.
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    The game's made by NCSoft. Check this section of their wiki page, see if you recognize any of the titles, and see if any of those your recognize have been cancelled.

NCsoft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just about every title I've heard of has been cancelled, with the exception of City of Heroes, Lineage, and Guild Wars.
  • Options
    Big JizayBig Jizay Member Posts: 269
    darkerosxx wrote: »
    The game's made by NCSoft. Check this section of their wiki page, see if you recognize any of the titles, and see if any of those your recognize have been cancelled.

NCsoft - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Just about every title I've heard of has been cancelled, with the exception of City of Heroes, Lineage, and Guild Wars.

I have heard some concern from other Aion players about the game getting canceled one day, because it is from NCSoft. But who knows, maybe it'll stand the test of time. I guess I'll just wait and see what others have to say about this game.
    The only thing that can stop you is you

Currently studying for 70-293
  • Options
    lambov12lambov12 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    well i played the beta a lil bit but i personaly didn't like it it was too much of a change from gw, i do know alot of my friends who play WoW will be moving over to aion but as i said i personaly will be sticking with my gw
  • Options
    XenzXenz Member Posts: 140
    WoW is probably a better bet than Aion unless you're a pretty hardcore gamer. The player vs player aspect is a major grind in Aion, that's not to say arena in WoW is not a painfest. Aion is pretty cool, but overall it's a major timesink. Aion is a bit more sluggish combatwise and not as friendly to casual gamers.
    Currently working on:
    CCNP, 70-620 Vista 70-290 Server 2003
    Packet Tracer activities and ramblings on my blog:
    http://www.sbntech.info