70646 - passed

Jamesm3Jamesm3 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi

Even though I found this exam tuff when it comes to entertainment, I passed it with a score of 950 :). I now have the MCITP:Server administrator.

I am so glad this one is out of the way. All I have to do now is 70-647 (next) and wait until a Windows 7 exam comes out (If it has not done so already). Then I'll get the enterprise admin icon_cool.gif

I used MS Press book and the free Measure up tests. It's a very hardway to study, but seems to give you the required information to pass the exam.

James
C|EHv9, Security+, MCITP:SA - MCITP:EA - MCTS - MCSE - MCSA - MCP - MCP+i - Network+ - A+

Comments

• tomkentomken Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!!
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    The Windows 7 exams are out. Congrats!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    well done, congrats!
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • mrmcmintmrmcmint Member Posts: 492 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • WillTech105WillTech105 Member Posts: 216
    Nice -- I am actually studying for this test now and looking at the MSPress book it looks little intimidating. From what I understand its two tests combined into one.

Pro: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator

BTW -- the MSPress books has a section on IPv6 but according to the Skills Measured theres no questions on IPv6. Should I put a lot of effort into studying this or just briefly read it over?
    In Progress: CCNP ROUTE
  • BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    IPV6 with the way I have found MS want you to know it doesn't take too long to learn and can certainly assist you in the exams however they mainly focus on it (well a little) in 642.

But it's something that is certainly good to know about.

Congrats on the pass!
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • Jamesm3Jamesm3 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    BradH wrote: »
    IPV6 with the way I have found MS want you to know it doesn't take too long to learn and can certainly assist you in the exams however they mainly focus on it (well a little) in 642.

But it's something that is certainly good to know about.

Congrats on the pass!

Thanks!

I was not tested on IPv6 in this exam
    C|EHv9, Security+, MCITP:SA - MCITP:EA - MCTS - MCSE - MCSA - MCP - MCP+i - Network+ - A+
  • dfosbennerdfosbenner Member Posts: 106
    I got an 875 on 70-646, found it a pretty easy exam. I then barely passed 70-649, which was blistering. I squeaked by with 700, 850, 880. Well, I'm now an SA either way. Working on the EA now.
    MCTS
    MCITP: SA & EA
    MCSE: NT, 2000, 2003
    MCSA: 2000, 2003
    dfosbenner wrote: »
    I got an 875 on 70-646, found it a pretty easy exam. I then barely passed 70-649, which was blistering. I squeaked by with 700, 850, 880. Well, I'm now an SA either way. Working on the EA now.

Nice one.

I'm also heading towards Enterprise Admin.

Just got windows 7 to do and 70-647
    congrats and good luck! i'm taking my 647 this friday. I took this same path.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I need to get off my butt and finish my 647!!

Congrats!
    Hi

I am due to take 70-647 in 2 weeks. I've done the video training now

Just got to start the practise tests.

Good luck to the rest of you

James
    Jamesm3 wrote: »
    Hi

I am due to take 70-647 in 2 weeks. I've done the video training now

Just got to start the practise tests.

Good luck to the rest of you

James

What do you think of the practice test questions? Simple?
    What do you think of the practice test questions? Simple?

Hi

I have not started them yet.

I've got a full time job and in my spare time work on my site line stuff. The side lines got sooo busy this week that I've not had the time to start them.

James
  • tuscanituscani Member Posts: 121
    Nicely done.. 646 is next on my list!