Microsoft Welcome Kits

I just passed the 270 test and got my MCP number and got loged into the MCP website, i cant find the option to get my welcome kit... I went to http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-program-membership.aspx and it says that welcome kits are not being sent any more..

So i went back to the MCP website and went to my Certificate Manager and there is an option in there to request a Physical Delivery.. Is this the way to get the welcome kit?? or i need to go somewhere else in that mcp website???

Thanks

Comments

• leefdaddyleefdaddy Member Posts: 405
    I just passed the 270 test and got my MCP number and got loged into the MCP website, i cant find the option to get my welcome kit... I went to Microsoft Learning: Program Benefits and Member Sites – FAQ and it says that welcome kits are not being sent any more..

So i went back to the MCP website and went to my Certificate Manager and there is an option in there to request a Physical Delivery.. Is this the way to get the welcome kit?? or i need to go somewhere else in that mcp website???

Thanks

I'm not sure if they still do them or not... I know they don't send out certificates anymore, I think you may be able to pay for them, but they want you to download and print them yourself.
    Dustin Leefers
  • SupermiguelSupermiguel Member Posts: 122
    How about the id?? How do i get that?
  • tomkentomken Member Posts: 63 ■■□□□□□□□□
    They also discontinued the wallet ID cards. I did hear something about a virtual business card around the the time that they discontinued sending the certificates and welcome kits, but I have not really seen or heard much more about it. I f you need to show proof of your certifications, you could either print a physical copy of your transcript or have it sent by e-mail.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    tomken wrote: »
    They also discontinued the wallet ID cards. I did hear something about a virtual business card around the the time that they discontinued sending the certificates and welcome kits, but I have not really seen or heard much more about it. If you need to show proof of your certifications, you could either print a physical copy of your transcript or have it sent by e-mail.
    Yup, no more id cards. I've never heard of anyone asking to SEE a cert or ID card (and really, those can be faked so they're not real proof), so most of the time if you need to verify your certification, you use the online tools to send your credentials to someone via email.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • djdinodjdino Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You could still order a physical copy of your Certificate. Login to the MCP page and select download certificate. It'll take you to a page where you download and order a hard copy. Hope that helps.
  • CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    How about the id?? How do i get that?

I was wondering about that too.
  • jaspermartianjaspermartian Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm thinking the paper quaility will be better than the discount house printer paper. The order process is pretty straight forward and quick.