::thinking of jumping into CISSP::Suggestions required

kaximkaxim Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All,

This is Kazim from Pakistan, I have recently finished my grad degree in Electronics Engineering, now i got to know about this place which trains you for CISSP and after you pass the exam, you have to work for them for 2 years and gain some experience. so the question is that what will the job prospects be in the year 2012 in Pakistan, Asia and all over the world for a person who has 2 years experience ?

Plus what kind of skills do i need to develop until i start the proper training because the training will start in December and i do have a month.

Comments

• UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,564 Mod
    kaxim wrote: »
    Hello All,

so the question is that what will the job prospects be in the year 2012 in Pakistan, Asia and all over the world for a person who has 2 years experience ?

I don't think anybody will be able to answers this question

passing the CISSP exam will make an associate of CISSP. To be fully CISSP certified you need 5 yrs of relevant InfoSec experience, and endorsement

Welcome to Tech Exams forum ! :)
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Check out my YouTube channel: https://youtu.be/DRJic8vCodE 

• RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It is impossible to determine or even estimate what the job market will be in six months; much more so in two years. That's something you will need to be along for on the ride.

As far development, I would look at Security+ before even considering CISSP. Even SSCP is a good step before CISSP. You are trying to run before you can crawl. Learn the basics of security and networking before jumping into a high level certification.
  • RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    I don't think anybody will be able to answers this question

passing the CISSP exam will make an associate of CISSP. To be fully CISSP certified you need 5 yrs of relevant InfoSec experience, and endorsement

Welcome to Tech Exams forum ! :)

What he said ;)
  • kaximkaxim Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    to be honest, all i know about IT are the basics and thats it. so i was thinking about this option. but i know 3 people who passed CISSP after studying 3 months full-time and now are CISSP associates. they dont have no prior experience and just graduated. no certifications no nothing. so i was thinking what if i take it as a full time job and study for like 3 to 5 months, will i then be able to pass it as i will be putting all my effort into this ?
    please reply as this is a pretty serious issue for me right now
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    kaxim wrote: »
    to be honest, all i know about IT are the basics and thats it. so i was thinking about this option. but i know 3 people who passed CISSP after studying 3 months full-time and now are CISSP associates. they dont have no prior experience and just graduated. no certifications no nothing. so i was thinking what if i take it as a full time job and study for like 3 to 5 months, will i then be able to pass it as i will be putting all my effort into this ?
    please reply as this is a pretty serious issue for me right now

You can definitely get the Associate status that way. If you have about zero knowledge of IT it will be excruciatingly hard though. I doubt anyone has passed it without some IT experience.
  • kaximkaxim Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thank you people. Its always helpful to get views of experts and professionals