Ok I take Server+ next week.

NorbieNorbie Member Posts: 105
and I'm really nervous about this one. How hard is this one?

I don't get to work with the servers at work...so I'm a little out of my depth on this one but I want this cert. Any last minute advice on what to study for?
"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

Comments

• EssendonEssendon Member Posts: 4,546 ■■■■■■■■■■
    If you are nervous, you should push it back till you are comfortable with the material. This applies for any exam, since the real aim should be to learn the material and not just pass exams.

If you cant push it back, I'd say study up about RAIDs, various types of SCSI technology, tape backup strategies and disaster recovery is what I'd focus on.
    NSX, NSX, more NSX..

Blog >> http://virtual10.com
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Essendon wrote: »
    If you are nervous, you should push it back till you are comfortable with the material. This applies for any exam, since the real aim should be to learn the material and not just pass exams.

If you cant push it back, I'd say study up about RAIDs, various types of SCSI technology, tape backup strategies and disaster recovery is what I'd focus on.
    With the certs you already hold, you should do just fine if you put some extra effort into reviewing the topics that Essendon mentioned. I took the Beta, and while I haven't gotten my results back yet, and hopefully I'm not jinxing myself here, I don't think it wasn't really that difficult of an exam. It's not as indepth or broad as Network+ or A+, in my opinion. I don't think server-specific hands on work is necessary, although it certainly would be helpful.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I dont think its a very challenging exam. I wouldnt worry yourself.