capella....are you worth it?

Does anyone have any information pertaining to capella....I currently have a BA from standard college but wondering if it is worth it to check out capella for grad school

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Therhino wrote: »
    Does anyone have any information pertaining to capella....I currently have a BA from standard college but wondering if it is worth it to check out capella for grad school

I know at least one person here on TE has there MS from Capella. I am sure there are others here as well. I am considering them for my BS because of some agreements between them and my Community College. Many probably don't realize they have waivers for certifications and experience. Do you know what you want your Master degree to be in?
  • TherhinoTherhino Member Posts: 122
    not really for sure yet...
    Information sec is getting huge in this area but would also like to concentrate in the MIS field so I wouldn't have to stay low level forever
    not really for sure yet...
    Information sec is getting huge in this area but would also like to concentrate in the MIS field so I wouldn't have to stay low level forever

INFOSEC would be one reason to seriously consider Capella for online studies. At this time I think they are the only online school that is one National Centers of Academic Excellence approved by the NSA.

Centers of Academic Excellence - Institutions - NSA/CSS
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    INFOSEC would be one reason to seriously consider Capella for online studies. At this time I think they are the only online school that is one National Centers of Academic Excellence approved by the NSA.

Centers of Academic Excellence - Institutions - NSA/CSS

This is the one I'm looking at: Graduate School of Computer and Information Sciences
    dynamik wrote: »

Forgot about Nova.
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□

I would choose Capella, if my organization has an alliance with Capella.

Corporate alliances
    Each year, thousands of employees benefit from company-supported participation in Capella University online degree programs. Capella currently has education alliances with more than 100 corporations, including Johnson & Johnson, Farmers Insurance, and Xerox. Learn more about corporate alliances.

Also, I always get scared when it's highly difficult to find tution rates, but it's way to easy to talk to anyone about admissions to the college.

That's my 2 cents

Tuition Incentive Programs - Smart Online Tuition - College Tuition Grants
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor