Passed 70-680!!!

aoliveraoliver Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Got an 892. Although I have 10 years experience this was my first MS exam. It was definitely different and a little harder than I had expected a client exam to be.

I used the MS Press Training Kit and Transcender practice test but have been using Windows 7 since first day of public beta.
Certs: VCP4, MCTS: Windows 7, Network+, A+

Comments

• KernelXPKernelXP Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    aoliver wrote: »
    Got an 892. Although I have 10 years experience this was my first MS exam. It was definitely different and a little harder than I had expected a client exam to be.

I used the MS Press Training Kit and Transcender practice test but have been using Windows 7 since first day of public beta.

Congrats on the pass :)
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Very nice, congrats! What's next?
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Nice work!

Welcome on board!
  • aoliveraoliver Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Very nice, congrats! What's next?
    I'm attending the VMware vSphere course this week (requirement for VCP) so I'll probably take the VCP4 exam next week. Then on to 70-640 and the rest of MCITP: EA.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    I wish my employer would cough up the fee for vSphere class, lol.
  • aoliveraoliver Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    I wish my employer would cough up the fee for vSphere class, lol.
    I completely lucked out. I was complaining (loudly) that it's total BS that you're REQUIRED to cough up $3000 for a course before you can test for VCP because it completely squeezes out SMB admins. Then, a few days later I get a phone call from a VMware education rep stating that our company has 30 education credits that are about to expire. Talk about feeling stupid...
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I completely lucked out. I was complaining (loudly) that it's total BS that you're REQUIRED to cough up $3000 for a course before you can test for VCP because it completely squeezes out SMB admins. Then, a few days later I get a phone call from a VMware education rep stating that our company has 30 education credits that are about to expire. Talk about feeling stupid...

That's better than a poke in the eye. I'd love to be able to attend. Make sure you share your experience.
  • GBAKER2204GBAKER2204 Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. Have fun on the course next week.
    WIP: 2017 - VCP6.5-DCV (Achieved), VCAP6-DCV, Citrix CCA-V