Options

Exam Booking

mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
Hi,

How is everyone finding exam booking at the moment? In the UK all the test centres near me appear to be fully booked. I just tried to book my CCNA Voice, full until the new year apart from one slot on Tuesday morning - short notice and a bit risky but I booked it anyway.

The same thing happened with my CCENT last month, full for a month, apart from one slot on the following day.

I getting used to taking exams at very short notice but it is not doing my nerves any goodicon_rolleyes.gif

Anyway, back to the books icon_study.gif
Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
Next : CCNP Route

Comments

• Options
    hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    Im not having to much trouble to be honest, where abouts in the UK are you? Im in the midlands so my closest one is coventry. Seems to be alot of slots available there.

----Edit----
    Just saw your located in Wales :)
  • Options
    hodgey87 wrote: »
    Im not having to much trouble to be honest, where abouts in the UK are you? Im in the midlands so my closest one is coventry. Seems to be alot of slots available there.

----Edit----
    Just saw your located in Wales :)

Phew!! Passed CCNA Voiceicon_cheers.gif

Yeah, I'm just outside of Cardiff. There seems to be loads of demand in Wales for exams as funding for training is available for people who have been made redundant. I guess everyone is doing them pesky Microsoft exams taking up all the slots.

Thanks for the heads up on Coventry, you are right loads of slots - I feel a long drive up the M5 on the cards.

Only thing now is to decide what to do - CCNA Security, Start CCVP or one of those Microsoft thingies (Sharepoint)

• Options
    ladidleladidle Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi on a similar issue:
    I when I book my exam online, do I have to notify the test center before I take my exam or they are automatically notified? This is because I went to a pro-metric center and they gave me a hard time before rescheduling my exam.
  • Options
    ladidle wrote: »
    Hi on a similar issue:
    I when I book my exam online, do I have to notify the test center before I take my exam or they are automatically notified? This is because I went to a pro-metric center and they gave me a hard time before rescheduling my exam.
    I think there is some automatic notification going on. I've booked four exams using different methods.

CCENT - Initially booked through the test center. The date was too far in to the future so I went on to the Pearson site, cancelled the exam and rebooked an ealier exam at a different test center. I dropped a coutesy email to the test center saying I cancelled on line.

CCNA - Through the test center.

CCNAV - Pearson vue site. I just turned up at the test center on the day of the exam and they has all my details.

Personally I am going to manage all my exams through the pearson site rather then directly with the test-center. It seems the least painful way to do it.