70-680 Passed

Jamesm3Jamesm3 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi

I passed 70-680 Windows 7 exam this morning

65 Questions
900 Pass mark

It was by far the easiest exam on the MCITP:EA track

James
C|EHv9, Security+, MCITP:SA - MCITP:EA - MCTS - MCSE - MCSA - MCP - MCP+i - Network+ - A+

Comments

• PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats, well done!
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later
  • wheezwheez Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, great score!

I passed this one last week and found it quite easy as well.
    WIP: Considering cert path.. :-)
  • Jamesm3Jamesm3 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks guys

Now I've completed this topic, I have to see what to study for next

James
    C|EHv9, Security+, MCITP:SA - MCITP:EA - MCTS - MCSE - MCSA - MCP - MCP+i - Network+ - A+
  • jrobb259jrobb259 Member Posts: 28 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jamesm3 wrote: »
    Thanks guys

Now I've completed this topic, I have to see what to study for next

James

I don't mean to hijack the thread but here is an idea for you if you are interested in virtualization.

Link
  • Jamesm3Jamesm3 Member Posts: 72 ■■□□□□□□□□
    jrobb259 wrote: »
    I don't mean to hijack the thread but here is an idea for you if you are interested in virtualization.

Link

Hi

Thanks for the link. I signed up and now have a chance to sit

71-659: TS: Windows Server 2008 R2, Server Virtualization

I use ESX, so I better get Hyper-V R2 loaded

Thanks again

James
  • novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    The theory behind ESX is similar in thought to Hyper-V, but ESX is Linux based where Hyper-V is obviously M$. Quite the learning curve! Good Luck!
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
    Passed the 680 today with 935 out of 1000. Picked up the EDA Win 7 cert as a result too.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Very nice work! Welcome to the club!
  • mrkeetymrkeety Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What book or resources did you use?
    mrkeety wrote: »
    What book or resources did you use?

I used the MS Press exam study kit and links on the sticky for the 680 resources. I guess it helped that I had already studied for and passed the 686 beta although that exam was much more deployment and systems management-oriented.
  • 7255carl7255carl Member Posts: 1,544 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass!
    W.I.P CCNA Cyber Ops
    Does anyone know how long it takes for the EDA7 cert to show up on your transcript if you passed the 686 first and then passed the 680? The 680 showed up today but the MCITP hasn't been added to it yet.

Thanks to all for the congrats on the 680 passing.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    jrobb259 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes for the EDA7 cert to show up on your transcript if you passed the 686 first and then passed the 680? The 680 showed up today but the MCITP hasn't been added to it yet.

Thanks to all for the congrats on the 680 passing.

I takes a bit for it to show up. I took the 271, then the 270, 290, 291, and then the 272 which completed my MCDST and my MCSA. It took about 3 hours for the MCDST to show up after the 272 appeared on my transcript; it took another day for the MCSA to show up.
    I takes a bit for it to show up. I took the 271, then the 270, 290, 291, and then the 272 which completed my MCDST and my MCSA. It took about 3 hours for the MCDST to show up after the 272 appeared on my transcript; it took another day for the MCSA to show up.

Ok, I'll wait to see if its there tomorrow.

Thanks...