70-270 Question

flatworldflatworld Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
I have 6 years of experience.
Have Sec+, taking CISSP next month.

However, requirement mandates a computing environment(CE) OS certification. I opted for 70-270, instead of a 7 or Vista cert.

I'm guessing, use this forum, exam cram 2, 70-270 for dummies, blah bleh blah etc.....what recommendations? have to take it in two weeks.
Next up: OSCP

Comments

• MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Any reason you aren't going for a Windows 7 or vista cert? Their exams are a little easier.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Do 620 if you only have two weeks. 270 is rather difficult. MS Press and Transcender for either would be good.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    dynamik wrote: »
    Do 620 if you only have two weeks. 270 is rather difficult. MS Press and Transcender for either would be good.
    Agreed. the 620 is very doable in that timeframe, especially if you've already got experience.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    With 6 years of experience any of these tests should be relatively simple.

But out of the three, i agree that Vista is the easiest.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    With 6 years of experience any of these tests should be relatively simple.

It depends on what you're doing. Most CISSP candidates probably don't spend a much of their time imaging workstations. The 270 exam has a large amount of material that most people don't do regularly, even if they consider themselves to be XP power users.
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    dynamik wrote: »
    It depends on what you're doing. Most CISSP candidates probably don't spend a much of their time imaging workstations. The 270 exam has a large amount of material that most people don't do regularly, even if they consider themselves to be XP power users.

The only thing I had no clue about on the 270 (and in my defense, my prep materials barely even referenced it) was RIS.

But yes I do agree that the 270 is likely the hardest of those 3. I think 680 is a pretty good test but theres just a lot of material available for whats actually on the exam.

Besides, if hes a CISSP shouldnt 4-5 of those years have been spent just getting the experience in to qualify for the CISSP? I doubt hes actually been a CISSP for 6 years. And most folks start out in desktop support.