Options

Passed Security+

bfoleybfoley Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
I just got back from the test center, I passed with 867/900. I took the Security+ class at New Horizon's (as part of my MCSE+Security track) and I read Darril Gibson's Security+ book. I used the practice questions in the book, and Transcenders to prepare.

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    bfoley wrote: »
    I just got back from the test center, I passed with 867/900. I took the Security+ class at New Horizon's (as part of my MCSE+Security track) and I read Darril Gibson's Security+ book. I used the practice questions in the book, and Transcenders to prepare.

Congrats. I just order Darril's book today and I will purchase Transcsenders in a few weeks. How would you rate the material? Do you think you could have passed with just the book and transcender? What is up next for you?

Congrats icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    worldmac1worldmac1 Member Posts: 121 ■■□□□□□□□□

That's good to know. I have just purchased Daril's book and I am on chapter 4. So far so good. I will sandwich it in between the Sybex book and some Tech Exams online questions.

Congrats Bfoley!
    Certs in Progress:

CCNP:Routing 300-101 15%
    OIIIIIIIO
  • Options
    bfoleybfoley Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    Congrats. I just order Darril's book today and I will purchase Transcsenders in a few weeks. How would you rate the material? Do you think you could have passed with just the book and transcender? What is up next for you?

Congrats icon_thumright.gif

Thanks! I think with the book and what I already knew, I probably could have passed the test with just that.

I am still working on MCSE. I passed the 70-290, and will probably be taking the 70-291 next (hopefully soon).

Good Luck!
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks! I think with the book and what I already knew, I probably could have passed the test with just that.

I am still working on MCSE. I passed the 70-290, and will probably be taking the 70-291 next (hopefully soon).

Good Luck!

Thanks for the reply and good luck with 291