Clean ACCESS

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
For those prepping for this exam (or have taken it and passed it), has/did anyone download an trial copy of Cisco Clean Access to play with?

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Out of scope for your stated short term goals. Go download a CD/DVD bootable Linux distribution (or a VMWare image) if you want to take a "study break" from CCNA:Security.

You may revisit Clean Access when your job responsibilities include it or you decide to commit to the CCSP and select your elective. Until then, focus on your current studies and shorter term goals. Your next "planning window" isn't available until after you EARN the CCNA:Security Certification.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    Out of scope for your stated short term goals. Go download a CD/DVD bootable Linux distribution (or a VMWare image) if you want to take a "study break" from CCNA:Security.

You may revisit Clean Access when your job responsibilities include it or you decide to commit to the CCSP and select your elective. Until then, focus on your current studies and shorter term goals. You next "planning window" isn't available until after you EARN the CCNA:Security Certification.

Ouch. I was just curious because the self study guide keeps going over the ACS and how so freaking sweet it is. If it is in the book, it could be on the exam no? (BTW I have read the objectives and I know ACS isn't on there but I was just curious)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    knwminus wrote: »
    the self study guide keeps going over the ACS and how so freaking sweet it is.
    ACS as in Cisco Secure Access Control Server?

I think Clean Access is the old name for the NAC Appliance and/or the Clean Access client agent software..... if Marketing hasn't changed everything's name since the last time I checked.

Go find a copy of ACS in a work lab to look at.... then get back to work/study. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!

I think Clean Access is the old name for the NAC Appliance and/or the Clean Access client agent software..... if Marketing hasn't changed everything's name since the last time I checked.

Go find a copy of ACS in a work lab to look at.... then get back to work/study. :D

lol yea. At work the only things I hear about are A: It is breaking and B: It sucks. Yea that will be something I do on Saturday, when I set up my Centos syslog server. Talking about killing 2 birds with one stone (CCNA:S studies and Linux+ studies) icon_twisted.gificon_study.gif
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933

Mike you are right definitely Clean Access is the client agent software. We use the Cisco Clean Access Agent on our VA provided machines here at work to ensure that the proper encryption is installed, they are on the VA domain, they have updated virus definitions, they have blah blah blah. So you are correct :p
    Mike you are right definitely Clean Access is the client agent software. We use the Cisco Clean Access Agent on our VA provided machines here at work to ensure that the proper encryption is installed, they are on the VA domain, they have updated virus definitions, they have blah blah blah. So you are correct :p

I know that "Clean Access" is used for Agent software (it dies here often) but the way this book reads Clean Access is also used in reference for ACS. Weird.
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    knwminus wrote: »
    I know that "Clean Access" is used for Agent software (it dies here often) but the way this book reads Clean Access is also used in reference for ACS. Weird.

Not quite sure what they mean by that. I know we have a place we can go to monitor logins, but I wouldn't say Clean Access and ACS are used interchangeably because they aren't he same. I mean if it is being used for authentication purposes, than the user would authenticate on an ACS, the CA Agent would then check that machine or whatever (depending on how it is set up).