Options

Sdm

Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
Does anyone use the SDM in production enviroments? We don't use it hear and I was wondering if anyone else uses it.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think it comes down to what you want to do. I've used it for DHCP, basic site-to-site VPNs, etc.
  • Options
    stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've seen it installed on a few of our clients devices, but we don't use it ourselves
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I use it to create zone based firewall templates - after that I tweak via the cli. It's also nice for a quick VPN setup,
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Are there sim based questions using SDM on the exam these days? I have never used SDM myself.
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Turgon wrote: »
    Are there sim based questions using SDM on the exam these days? I have never used SDM myself.

I have heard that there maybe some on the CCNA:S that is why I was wondering. It is in the blueprint for the CCNA:S so more than likely there will be some on the exam.
  • Options
    ilcram19-2ilcram19-2 Banned Posts: 436
    i like to have my configuration clean i dont using the sdm it always add SDM this SDM that and it look nasty on the routers config
  • Options
    pitviperpitviper Member Posts: 1,376 ■■■■■■■□□□
    knwminus wrote: »
    I have heard that there maybe some on the CCNA:S that is why I was wondering. It is in the blueprint for the CCNA:S so more than likely there will be some on the exam.

Follow the blueprint to a T for this one :)
    CCNP:Collaboration, CCNP:R&S, CCNA:S, CCNA:V, CCNA, CCENT
  • Options
    SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    I dont know about the CCNA Security, but the SDM definitely plays a large role in the CCNP ISCW (security) exam. There are lots of questions that pertain to its use, what screens allow you to do what tasks etc. It's a good idea to know the ins and outs of the product for that track. That being said, i've never used it in production and I dont see a time when I would lol.
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I know that SDM is used on the CCNA Security exam, but I haven't really seen it in use in production, (with the exception of by my counterpart at my last company, hence the reason I had to take over the project and get the work done through the CLI). Still, as far as GUI tools for Cisco go, I think CSM looks a lot better to work with. Still, the GUIs are no replacement for the CLI when it comes to professional and enterprise-level work on Cisco devices.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.