How do a write a simple windows ping script and schedule it?

mrblackmamba343mrblackmamba343 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 136
I want to write a simple windows script that allows one pc to ping a host (10.1.1.1) at particular times during the day. How do I go about it?

Comments

• ConstantlyLearningConstantlyLearning Member Posts: 445
    I want to write a simple windows script that allows one pc to ping a host (10.1.1.1) at particular times during the day. How do I go about it?

Open notepad.

Type:

ping 10.1.1.1

Save it is ping.bat or whatever.bat.

Use windows task scheduler to schedule the batch file to run.

You'll want the results outputted somewhere though.

Look up windows batch files and windows task scheduler.
    "There are 3 types of people in this world, those who can count and those who can't"
  • pennystraderpennystrader Member Posts: 155
    Going along with ConstantlyLearning I would agree and if you want a written log would add this for example. Name the script serverping.bat and use the scheduled task like was mentioned as it is the easiest way.

ping Server1 >>D:\ServerPing.txt
    ping Server2 >>D:\ServerPing.txt
    net time >> ServerPing.txt

The >> will append the text file so you have a complete record. The net time will give you a exact time from your DC. It would log the following.

Current time at \\ServerDC1 is 12/30/2009 9:53 AM

The command completed successfully.

The more knowledge one obtains the more there is too accumulate.....

• mrblackmamba343mrblackmamba343 Inactive Imported Users Posts: 136
    Open notepad.

Type:

ping 10.1.1.1

Save it is ping.bat or whatever.bat.

Use windows task scheduler to schedule the batch file to run.

You'll want the results outputted somewhere though.

Look up windows batch files and windows task scheduler.

I did what you just said but the batch file runs and never stops when I clicked on it. I want a situation where the ping stops after a minute or two. Is that possible?
    Add the following line to the end of the batch file. Typing exit as the last line will exit the script. Let me know how it goes.

Exit

Add the following line to the end of the batch file. Typing exit as the last line will exit the script. Let me know how it goes.

Exit

my script reads

ping 10.1.1.1
    exit

exit still doesn't stop the ping. Is there a way I can let the ping run for only once or twice in the script?
    What do you mean run once or twice? It will ping all machines once and log it to text and then exit. I guess I am not really sure what you are asking me.

What do you mean run once or twice? It will ping all machines once and log it to text and then exit. I guess I am not really sure what you are asking me.

when I run the current script as it is, it runs multiple ping instances everything scroll by so fast I can't see nothing
    I understand now. Ok I tested it and it bombed out on me too. I had not tried it yet. Let me mess with it and will post a working code here when I get a chance. it should not be too hard. Give me a bit as I finish another task here at work first.

• RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I understand now. Ok I tested it and it bombed out on me too. I had not tried it yet. Let me mess with it and will post a working code here when I get a chance. it should not be too hard. Give me a bit as I finish another task here at work first.

This is a common issue in batch files.

Add the path the the ping EXE

C:\windows\system32\ping.exe 10.0.0.1

Depending on theinformation you are looking for this might be something you want to do with Windows PowerShell rather than simple batch files.

In an ideal world, what information do you want and how do you want it to be displayed?
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Here is a neat one that we use:
    @ipconfig/all | find "IP Address"

@ipconfig/all | find "Subnet Mask"

@ipconfig/all | find "Default Gateway"

@ipconfig/all | find "Host Name"

@ipconfig/all | find "DNS Suffix Search List"

@ipconfig/all | find "DNS Servers"

@ipconfig/all | find "Physical Address"

@ipconfig/all | find "DHCP Enabled"

@ipconfig/all | find "DHCP Server"

@ping 127.0.0.1

@echo.

@pause
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Where are you running this file from?

If you are running it from your desktop, it wont work unless you have ping.exe on your desktop as well.

So, try putting this batch file in system32 and see what it does. (or copy ping.exe to your desktop).

See what I meanz?

EDIT: PastaMan beat me to it haha
    Ok here is a working ping script that will append the date and you just put your one server or every machine you want in a filed named computerlist.txt in the same directory as the batch file. Let me know if this works for you. I ran it on 20 machines here and it worked as expected. It opens notepad at the end and gives you the results.

@echo off

(Set InputFile=c:\computerlist.txt)

title,Pinging list of computers

::datestamp
    for /f "tokens=2-4 skip=1 delims=(-./)" %%i in ('echo.^|date') do (
    for /f "tokens=1-4 delims=-./ " %%m in ('date /t') do (
    (set dow=%%m)&(set %%i=%%n)&(set %%j=%%o)&(set yy=%%p) ) )
    For /F "tokens=1,2 delims=:, " %%i in ('TIME /T') Do (Set HHMM=%%i%%j)

(Set OutputFile=c:\Pinglog %yy%-%mm%-%dd% %HHMM%.txt)

If Exist "%OutputFile%" Del "%OutputFile%"

For /F "eol=;" %%* in ('type "%InputFile%"') do (
    >>"%OutputFile%" (echo.&echo.
    &(
    echo.%%*;&(ping -a -n 2 -w 750 %%* | Find "."))
    )&echo.done %%*,)

::check
    start notepad.exe %OutputFile%

it works now thanks guys
    Check that out Veritas.... I know you looooove PowerShell!
    [FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$hostInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000]=[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]Get-WmiObject[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]-class[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]win32_networkadapterconfiguration[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]-namespace[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"root\CIMV2"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] | [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]where-object[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]-filterscript[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] { [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$_[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2].IPEnabled [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000]-eq[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]‘True’[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000]-and[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$_[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2].ServiceName [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000]-eq[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]‘E100B’[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] }
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]write-host[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"IPAddress.......:"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$hostInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513]IPAddress
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]Write-Host[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Subnet Mask.....:"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$hostInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513]IPSubnet
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]Write-Host[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"DNS Hostname....:"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$hostInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513]DNSHostName
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]Write-Host[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Default Gateway.:"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$hostInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513]DefaultIPGateway
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]Write-Host[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"DNS Hostname....:"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$hostInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513]DNSHostName
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]Write-Host[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"DNS Servers.....:"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$hostInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513]DNSServerSearchOrder
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] 
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$ping[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000]=[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]New-Object[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]System.Net.NetworkInformation.Ping[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2];
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$DFG[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000]=[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$ping[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2].Send([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$hostInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513]DefaultIPGateway[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]if[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$DFG[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2].Status [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000]-eq[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Success"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])
    {
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]Write-Host[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"The system appears to have connectivity to the Default Gateway."
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]}
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]else
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]{
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]Write-Host[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Unable to Ping the Default Gateway."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]-ForegroundColor[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]Red
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]}
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$DNSServers[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000]=[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#008080]regex[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]]::[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513]Split[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$hostInfo[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2].[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#8b4513]DNSServerSearchOrder[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2], [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]" "[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] )
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]foreach[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$server[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]in[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$DNSServers[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])
    {
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]if[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$DFG[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2].Status [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000]-eq[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Success"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])
    {
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]Write-Host[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"The system appears to have connectivity to the DNS Server "[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$server[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"."
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]else
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]{
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]Write-Host[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Unable to Ping the DNS Server "[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$server[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]-ForegroundColor[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]Red
    }
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$google[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000]=[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$ping[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2].Send([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"8.8.8.8"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#0000ff]if[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2]([/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800080]$google[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2].Status [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#ff0000]-eq[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Success"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2])
    {
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]Write-Host[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"The system appears to have connectivity to the Internet."
    [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][B][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]Write-Host[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]"Unable to Ping the Internet."[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][I][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#5f9ea0]-ForegroundColor[/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=2][COLOR=#800000]Red

[/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Slickkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk :D
    one last question. Does a task scheduled at task manager work when I'm logged off?
  • Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    Since when does ping need to be in the same directory?

Ive used tons of CLI tools that reside in system32 in my batch files without ever specifying the full path or copying said exe into the current working directory.
    Hyper-Me wrote: »
    Since when does ping need to be in the same directory?

Ive used tons of CLI tools that reside in system32 in my batch files without ever specifying the full path or copying said exe into the current working directory.
    When I run defrag through a batch file I frequently get this problem. I'm not sure why.
    one last question. Does a task scheduled at task manager work when I'm logged off?

You need to set the task to run as a specific user account.
    You need to set the task to run as a specific user account.
    yes I have already done that. I'm an administrator on the server
    yes I have already done that. I'm an administrator on the server
    If you look at the task tab of the task's properties on the lower, left corner there is a box that says something like "Run only if logged on." You want to be sure that is not checked.
    If you look at the task tab of the task's properties on the lower, left corner there is a box that says something like "Run only if logged on." You want to be sure that is not checked.
    Thats is unchecked so I assume now that I'm set!
  • nice343nice343 Member Posts: 391
    sorry to hijack your thread but I have always wondered this about task manager maybe someone can help answer for me.

If userA has a task running and userB logs on can userB see whats going on assuming UserB doesn't check the task scheduler or it will run in the background?
    My daily blog about IT and tech stuff
    http://techintuition.com/
    The task will be displayed in Task Manager if they view the processes tab and click the "Show processes from all users."

It will not generally be displayed as a visible, active window.