10k page challenge starts in two days

BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
Are you ready?

Comments

• vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Already over a thousand pages started...
  • GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    Ill do it no problem.

We have until 2015 to finish right? :P
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'm ready. I've got my first 600+ mapped out.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Already over a thousand pages started...

I call cheating! You can't count pages read before the challenge begins!!! icon_wink.gif
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I'm not sure it'll be all IT books, but I'm pretty sure I'll be going for 10,000 pages this year. If not within the realm of IT and certifications, I'll be chugging along with you guys (and girls) in spirit. . . and in academia. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't have it in me this time gentlemen. I read enough this year to make up for it though.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • 120nm4n120nm4n Member Posts: 116
    I'm ready. I've got my first 600+ mapped out.

Same here. I got a couple books for Christmas, and I am planning on a couple certs early in 2010.
    WIP: MCITP: EA
    70-620 - Done
    70-647 - In Progress
    70-649 - Soon.
  • BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Got a stack of books on the desk, ready to go.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Yeah, I've got about 3000 pages being delivered sometime tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure I have at least that in unread books sitting on my desk at the moment. I think a mere 10,000 pages a year is lightweight status ;)
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Isn't going to be difficult this year just based on the reading list for the upcoming classes for my Master's program. I'm looking forward to 2010, I think it's going to be a good year.
  • SysAdmin4066SysAdmin4066 Member Posts: 443
    CCIE studys should definitely take care of that, i'm in :)
    In Progress: CCIE R&S Written Scheduled July 17th (Tentative)

Next Up: CCIE R&S Lab
  • jrmeulemansjrmeulemans Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looking forward to it!
  • t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
    I am up for the challenge. Going to be a big year.
    Knowledge is Power.
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am game. I will probably hit about 15-20k with all of the school books, cert books, and Bible reading. 30 pages a day really isn't a lot at all.
  • jrmeulemansjrmeulemans Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    knwminus, I was thinking of including Bible reading as well..but I'm always using my netbook with bible software (Xiphos ftw). I def have plenty of theology in book form though.
    knwminus, I was thinking of including Bible reading as well..but I'm always using my netbook with bible software (Xiphos ftw). I def have plenty of theology in book form though.

Hmm, if I had counted my Bible reading I would have more than hit the 10,000 pages of reading for last year. :)
    I call cheating! You can't count pages read before the challenge begins!!! icon_wink.gif

Bummer.... icon_wink.gif
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Doesn't sound too bad to me, and I'm going to probably do that amount of pages anyway, so I might as well enter. Does online reading count (RFC's, documents, ebooks) ???

I think the hardest part for me will just be keeping track of how many pages I have read. Hopefully I don't break this resolution/goal before my "no caffeine" resolution..which I'm on track to break right at about Jan 8th.
    Mrock4 wrote: »
    Doesn't sound too bad to me, and I'm going to probably do that amount of pages anyway, so I might as well enter. Does online reading count (RFC's, documents, ebooks) ???

Absolutely!
    I think the hardest part for me will just be keeping track of how many pages I have read. Hopefully I don't break this resolution/goal before my "no caffeine" resolution..which I'm on track to break right at about Jan 8th.

There are people who don't ingest caffeine????? icon_eek.gif

One has to ask how they survive icon_scratch.gif

Sounds like a painful existence icon_sad.gif
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□

I have been meaning to read the entire bible for a few years. Not to get to religious but I feel like I want to get closer to God. A lot of people says "The Bible says XXX" or "YYY is in the Bible" and people just accept it. I feel like I need to study more.
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    READY!

icon_study.gif
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • huuminghhuumingh Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I am ready too.
    New Year is coming. Wishing you and your family health, joy and good luck to your business!
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Mrock4 wrote: »

Hopefully I don't break this resolution/goal before my "no caffeine" resolution..which I'm on track to break right at about Jan 8th.

I hear you man. I'm actually going to be ballsy enough to try and give up caffeine and smoking come the new year.

Of course, my mind has already rationalized that as to mean 'Well yo've got about 24 hours to smoke and drink as much caffeine as you can then!'
  • BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    I'll probably end up with a brain tumor lol, I prefer videos and real labs... but I bet I'll have to read alot too next year...
  • jwedlundjwedlund Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Alright i'm in for this challenge to. I was planning on sitting about 5 different certs in 2010 so i don't think 10K will be an issue.
  • L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    I think I'll give it a try.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    aye captain ready here. stack of juniper for starters.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO
  • Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I hear you man. I'm actually going to be ballsy enough to try and give up caffeine and smoking come the new year.

Of course, my mind has already rationalized that as to mean 'Well yo've got about 24 hours to smoke and drink as much caffeine as you can then!'

You too huh? I'm doing the same! I drank a cherry coke at work yesterday..at 6:30am. Pretty sad, I normally only have one a day or so, but because I'm going cold turkey soon..gotta go all out.
  • NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Sure, I'll give it another whirl. I haven't been very focused the last 6 months, way too many things going on in my personal life. Some really bad, some really good. Hopefully things will at least settle down in 2010.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)