CISSP CEP's

stoked64stoked64 Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Just wondering what all you CISSP's are doing about obtaining CEP'sicon_confused.gif: Anyone attending the RSA conference this Marchicon_confused.gif: Thinking about going to knockout some CEP's I hear it's a great conference.

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    At 1 CPE/hour, monthly security group meetings are 2 CPE each and security conferences/symposiums are 8 CPE/day. Attending an (ISC)2 exam item writing workshop is also 8 CPE/day. College and technical classes are good for Group B CPEs at 1 CEU/credit = 1 CPE. I've written a security article for a book being published this year, but I don't know how many CPEs I'll get for it. After all that, I don't need to do the "read a book" type of CPEs.
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    Not all college courses are Group B. I've had to call ISC(2) recently over a couple of classes that I have coming up for the Masters in Info Sec and we have been working out ~20-30 Group A CPE per course. I have to admit, part of the reason is that they result in various Certifications (GIAC 7799, CEH, CHFI, etc.). You can NOT however claim both the class and the exam.

I may go to the University of Florida's Information Security Awareness Day for a few simple CPEs.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11
  • carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    down77 wrote: »
    I may go to the University of Florida's Information Security Awareness Day for a few simple CPEs.

When is this?
  • down77down77 Member Posts: 1,009
    carboncopy wrote: »
    When is this?

I sent you a PM with the info.
    CCIE Sec: Starting Nov 11