Hardest stuff to study for CCNA:S?

jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
I figured I'd ask, I haven't done my CCNA yet, but am taking the classes. But the option to take a cisco security class came up, and I already have the prereq the school recommends(routers and routing basics) and the security course starts the second half of the semester, and is two months long. I wanna study up on it, like all the way, before class starts, where would you say lays the most difficult?
Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
HTC students encouraged to join :)

Comments

• Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jjbrog wrote: »
    I figured I'd ask, I haven't done my CCNA yet, but am taking the classes. But the option to take a cisco security class came up, and I already have the prereq the school recommends(routers and routing basics) and the security course starts the second half of the semester, and is two months long. I wanna study up on it, like all the way, before class starts, where would you say lays the most difficult?

So far the CCNA:S is pretty easy. IPSEC vpns have given me trouble but the CCNA is much harder than the CCNA:S.
  • jjbrogjjbrog Member Posts: 149
    Sounds good, I still ahve to put in some thought, I wanna take it, but I gotta schedule everything right, school is kinda confusing on what classes you want and when, with summer being very limited, I don't wanna take classes with high summer availability, during the school year, and be left with no summer options, this summer will be easy cause I'm not even half way yet(with my degree) but next summer, very limited...

But I guess since I've had a easier time than many of the others with the CCNA material in school, CCNA:S shouldn't be a prob, and on a plus note, its only 2 1/2 months, not 4, so I'f I replace one with security, I'll have a easier semester starting out
    Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
    http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
    HTC students encouraged to join :)
  • Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    jjbrog wrote: »
    Sounds good, I still ahve to put in some thought, I wanna take it, but I gotta schedule everything right, school is kinda confusing on what classes you want and when, with summer being very limited, I don't wanna take classes with high summer availability, during the school year, and be left with no summer options, this summer will be easy cause I'm not even half way yet(with my degree) but next summer, very limited...

But I guess since I've had a easier time than many of the others with the CCNA material in school, CCNA:S shouldn't be a prob, and on a plus note, its only 2 1/2 months, not 4, so I'f I replace one with security, I'll have a easier semester starting out

I see CCNA:S as a good progression from the basic security stuff on the CCNA. The material is more "real world" to me.
  • impelseimpelse Member Posts: 1,237 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, it is a good progession.
    Stop RDP Brute Force Attack with our RDP Firewall : http://www.thehost1.com
    It is your personal IPS to stop the attack.