rack space???

itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey guys I am looking for rack space that I could purchase and have for 2 months time and that I could ssh into and practice my CCNP and CCVP skills. I plan on going to a school in India and I want this rack space available when I go home at night after school is there any of you know that I can use and is decent price and nice uptodate topologies?
Thanks
icon_thumright.gif

Comments

• veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    itdaddy wrote: »
    Hey guys I am looking for rack space that I could purchase and have for 2 months time and that I could ssh into and practice my CCNP and CCVP skills. I plan on going to a school in India and I want this rack space available when I go home at night after school is there any of you know that I can use and is decent price and nice uptodate topologies?
    Thanks
    icon_thumright.gif

I have heard rave reviews about Chris Bryant's rack rentals.

Rack Rentals For CCNA Certification Prep, Cisco CCNP Exam
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    I plan on going to a school in India and I want this rack space available when I go home at night after school
    India? Seems a bit far to go for CCNP/CCVP training.
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I know if you want to know more email me at robert1 at itdaddy dot net.

when you write me I will tell you all about it my friend. It has many pluses.
    Big time....

-Robert

yeah but does chris have 3550s for L3 practice? I guess I can ask him
    we are on first name bases he and I ; hee hee;)
    Chris is a cool guy! period
    I'd assume that if you're using a decent CCNP lab then it would have some kind of recent L3 switch like a 3550 or better in it.

Since it is a rack rental, you have to prebook the slot and use it at the preset time. Depending on how you are, this may frustrate you since it isn't very spontaneous and you may be wasting money/time slots when you're not able to use it. Investigate how much you can do with Dynamips and CallManager in VMware. Book a lab rental slot for anything else that you can't do. Be meticulous about planning your lab session out before it actually starts and also document everything you do. No point wasting $$$ and time each session as you work out what you're doing and then remembering what you got up to last time.

The time difference between India and the US may be in your advantage though since evening for you in India would be very late in the US and therefore more likely to have free slots.
    tiersten wrote: »
    I'd assume that if you're using a decent CCNP lab then it would have some kind of recent L3 switch like a 3550 or better in it.
    That said, I'm having difficulty in working out what exactly is in Chris Bryant's rental labs. All I can find is that he uses 12.2 IOS routers and you get 2 2950s in the lab?

If I didn't know that he was a legitimate training resource, knows what he's talking about and is well recommended by others, I'd assume that his site was some sort of spammy late night TV advert site...
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    tiersten wrote: »
    That said, I'm having difficulty in working out what exactly is in Chris Bryant's rental labs. All I can find is that he uses 12.2 IOS routers and you get 2 2950s in the lab?

If I didn't know that he was a legitimate training resource, knows what he's talking about and is well recommended by others, I'd assume that his site was some sort of spammy late night TV advert site...

It does need a face lift, I would be embarrassed icon_redface.gif
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I plan on going to a school in India and I want this rack space available when I go home at night after school is there any of you know that I can use and is decent price and nice uptodate topologies?
    What are you going to study in school? If it's the CCNP/CCVP, then doesn't the school have labs? Don't you get a dedicated pod for your use while there? Don't they have after class lab availability? Don't they support late night remote access to your lab pod from your housing accommodations for when they want to lock up their training facility for the night?

Did you google for cisco rack rental? cisco voice rack rental? ccvp rack rental? Cisco ccvp rack rental? ccnp rack rental? Cisco ccnp rack rental?

Those searches should find the major (and more expensive) rack rental places. If you dig through the pages you may eventually find a spam post by someone in a forum trying to rent their currently unused rack -- those usually go for the day, week, or month (if they are not scams).

You might consider changing your thread subject from rack space???? to rack rental???? or ccnp/ccvp rack rental????

Good Luck with your training.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    thanks guys I agree about Chris's site haha he looks much better (like I care) with out hair; there is a pick on the web with him and he looks cool balled and glasses...yeah his site is home made but does the job. you have to write him personally. I talk to him all the time. Iwill ask him about his rack if he has 3550s

Mike, Yeah the school has my own pod and I think I can work after school until ike 7pm, but I havent got all my questions answered. You would think so but the class is a long 30 days for each and that is one reason I like it, ity is not 12 days and bam you got it. it is 10 hours 6 days a week for 30 days course they have a 95 percent pass rate and of course retake as week course free etc...the price is right and I hate to say you get 2x as much and 2x less the price of a USA school It sucks but I have to in order to bet what I want. I know I will pass but I am look for rack rental. And wow I have looked around and well I can see I willl be renting only for exam study time hee he the prices my god are huge...but thanks
    I will report when I am done on my blog and report here how it went.
    Like i said I have heard good things about this school and well the 30 days 10 hours a day I like better then 12 days good luck chuck. I hear you get tons of practice time at school and 1 on 1 instructors is the kicker as well Iloved that. Ijust want to make sure I can get some pod time after hours say 7pm to 12mid adn sundays after church of course..thanks guys
    doing it next year gearing up all yeaf for it..ccnp and ccvp courses and if time mcitp-ea cert 3.5 months intense training and labs up the ying yang.
    will report back what happens ;)