Koenig-Solutions Boot Camp in India

jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
Anyone attended any of the courses yet and can give me some feedback ?
My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p

Comments

• laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    A colleague of mine did his ccna course out in india. I'm not sure if it was this lot or not tho, I'll try and fidn out some info for you.

What you going to do ??
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
    ok fella, I was right this is the firm my colleague attended. In his opinion the course was very good, lots of lab time etc icon_smile.gif

The negative's were they did provide nasty stuff if you wanted them and were prone to pump you for questions\answers after the exam.
    He says he didnt partake in such activities and given I know he's still not passed his ccna I'm inclined to beleive him icon_smile.gif

All in all he said he would go again as the course\lab was value for money.
    hth
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ok fella, I was right this is the firm my colleague attended. In his opinion the course was very good, lots of lab time etc icon_smile.gif

The negative's were they did provide nasty stuff if you wanted them and were prone to pump you for questions\answers after the exam.
    He says he didnt partake in such activities and given I know he's still not passed his ccna I'm inclined to beleive him icon_smile.gif

hth

Thanks a lot, I appreciate you checking with him :)
    I just get mixed reviews. It seems that most bad reviews coming from people who were staying in their budget hotels ...

For example : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6kZUTJ06Dc
  • brocbroc Member Posts: 167

hth

I'll second that, one of my friends was at Koenig in December for the CCNP Bootcamp, he enjoyed the content and access to the labs but yes they do provide ****, etc... which is a shame but up to you to not use them.

As for the accommodation, well it's India so budget in India doesn't mean the same than budget in the UK :)

Where are you planning to go? They have 4 different locations, if you're going to be there for a long time, I wouldn't recommend Dehli, it drives me crazy when I stay there for more than a few days. Shimla is nice and Goa's great (I lived there for a while).
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”
    broc wrote: »
    I'll second that, one of my friends was at Koenig in December for the CCNP Bootcamp, he enjoyed the content and access to the labs but yes they do provide ****, etc... which is a shame but up to you to not use them.

As for the accommodation, well it's India so budget in India doesn't mean the same than budget in the UK :)

Where are you planning to go? They have 4 different locations, if you're going to be there for a long time, I wouldn't recommend Dehli, it drives me crazy when I stay there for more than a few days. Shimla is nice and Goa's great (I lived there for a while).

I would stay in Goa ... I am still not sure whether I go or not ... I am tempted to consider the RHCE but I would still make sure I study beforehand so I can actually some of the area :D Plus I only get two weeks off from work in one go so I need to make sure I am able to sign up for the Super Fast Track ...
  • Ryan82Ryan82 Member Posts: 428
    I hate to say it, but I am leary of all of the training centers there. I think they are just braindump factories.

Two guys I work with go on a frequent basis and of course they talk about how easy the exams were only to find out the training centers are issuing them braindump material.

Its apparent because they come back to work and still lack a rudimentary understanding of the material they are certified in.
    Ryan82 wrote: »
    I hate to say it, but I am leary of all of the training centers there. I think they are just braindump factories.

Two guys I work with go on a frequent basis and of course they talk about how easy the exams were only to find out the training centers are issuing them braindump material.

Its apparent because they come back to work and still lack a rudimentary understanding of the material they are certified in.

I think this is the danger with most bootcamps ...
    Gomjaba wrote: »
    I would stay in Goa ... I am still not sure whether I go or not ... I am tempted to consider the RHCE but I would still make sure I study beforehand so I can actually some of the area :D Plus I only get two weeks off from work in one go so I need to make sure I am able to sign up for the Super Fast Track ...

Be ready for it to be intense, my mate was surprised of the amount of work (and after hours work) needed. He went to Goa too and he was glad to have booked a few extra days holidays while he was there!
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”
    I think this is the danger with most bootcamps ...

Your probably right, and maybe I shouldn't offer judgement when I haven't actually been. I guess what I am saying is I would do some thorough research before I went.

Its certainly not exclusive to India. I have been to bootcamps in Europe that do the same thing.

I think you just have to be honest with yourself when you go to such a bootcamp, it is not enough to get the knowledge required for the exam and you need to have had some experience with the technology before hand.

I think it's good for people who lack the motivation of studying alone, reading book, etc... and you get to have access to a lab which is nice.

Personally, I've never been on one as I prefer to self-study and I have a very decent lab at home to play with but I know my friend went there to get some lab time and because he couldn't motivate himself to open a book after a long day at work.
    Your probably right, and maybe I shouldn't offer judgement when I haven't actually been. I guess what I am saying is I would do some thorough research before I went.

Its certainly not exclusive to India. I have been to bootcamps in Europe that do the same thing.

A colleague of mine went to a local bootcamp and according to him they have not received any braindumps but rather exact pointers what to study ..

Personally I wouldn't go to a bootcamp to learn it the quick way, I would rather use it to smooth up the edges after I "finished" studying for the exam if you know what I mean ..
    A colleague of mine went to a local bootcamp and according to him they have not received any braindumps but rather exact pointers what to study ..

Kind of the same thing if you ask me.. :)

nah i dont mind people pointing out areas to concentrate on such as subnetting, frame relay, acls, nat etc, but I think there's a big difference between that and given a list of questions & answers as is the case with most ****
  • Sanis4lifeSanis4life Banned Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□

I disagree. Braindumps are answers. Pointers let you know what you should be studying. Besides, the tests are always randomized, so there is no way "pointers" are the make or break of a test.

All in all, i would give a bootcamp a go. I have the issue of not studying when I get home from work. I have a pretty active life style meeting friends, going out, traveling, etc. It makes it really hard to work on my Cisco certifications.
  • ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    LOL I do not know about them but they say that you could get your mcitp ea or mcse within 17 days wtf icon_eek.gif in their website, wtf, you cannot become a over night system guru and learn to configure a ms based infrastructure over night it takes years and years, not 17 days, get some experience and do self study if you actually want to learn something.
  • WanainchiWanainchi Banned Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got back from GOA having completed a MCTS Course in MS SQL Server 2008. Although I can't comment on the CCNA course, the college and facilities are excellent. My personal opinion is that like any IT course there are 2 aspects to the training: Learning the technology and passing the test. The latter DOES involve braindumps and practice exams (basically cramming) but that is the case no matter where you do the training. I have attended several IT courses in the UK and in comparison Koenig are as good as or better and the whole experience was great value for money. Will be going back for more.:)
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Wanainchi wrote: »
    My personal opinion is that like any IT course there are 2 aspects to the training: Learning the technology and passing the test. The latter DOES involve braindumps and practice exams (basically cramming) but that is the case no matter where you do the training.
    Huh?

So are you saying that they are a ****/**** Training Center?

Or are you saying that even after training, you'd still rather **** to pass the exam than fail honestly and study some more until you actually learn enough to pass the exam?

I get annoyed by **** SPAMMERs -- and SPAMMERs in general -- but what really frosts my ass are the CHEATING IDIOTS who like to make the blanket statement that the only way to pass the certification exams is to ****. That pretty much insults everybody who has passed the exam without CHEATING -- which is a large portion of the members here on TE.

Thanks for stopping by and SHILLING for a ****/**** camp.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • brownwrapbrownwrap Member Posts: 549

In other words, in the case of Solaris or Red hat, do they use the official materials provided by Red Hat or ?Oracle?
    brownwrap wrote: »
    In other words, in the case of Solaris or Red hat, do they use the official materials provided by Red Hat or ?Oracle?

No idea tbh ..
  • isolthai.comisolthai.com Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    No idea tbh ..

My previous company was a RedHat learning partner.

RedHat partners are obliged to buy official RedHat material from RedHat and give it to their students. But RedHat official material is not expensive in India.
    I think we paid less than $100 for 3 tracks.
  • PsychoFinPsychoFin Member Posts: 280
    Oh yes, IT books are sooo cheap in India. When I was there on holiday last year, I bought a TON of Cisco Press books. Gotta love those softcover South-East Asian editions. That's how they market to those countries as it's a lot cheaper to produce softcovers. At first I thought it was some pirated versions, but after inquiring I found out that most publishers have cheaper editions for 3rd world countries. Heh.

Cheers,
    Fin
This discussion has been closed.