Options

Prepare for CompTIA A+ 220-707, 220-702

friend07friend07 Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
I would like to start preparing to take the two exams mentioned in the Title and I was wondering if I need to attend a Physical School Facility? I already saved the Objectives for both exams in My Documents and I was wondering could I also prepare with some reading material and maybe some on-line traing. I would like to take these two exams sometime in February. Is this a reality? I know it depends on the indiviual, but I really expect to give it 110%. Would appreciate any advice. Thank you!
I have been viewing Professor Messer's videos on these two courses so I thought if I started looking into the workings of a PC I have in my home and maybe ger Mike Myers book and view some more traing videos that I could prepare from home.

Comments

• Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    You don't have to attend a class, get online training, or get videos just to get this certification. You can just spend $40-$60 in books and be set. It is suggested to get multiple sources to study from and people do suggest video learning as well. I did the self study by book. The Mike Meyers all in one 7th edition book for this exam won't be out until Feb. It helps to have hands on experience if you can get some.

I suggest while studying, go through the objectives and mark off what learn and when you're finished reading the book, keep reading until you get sick of the material. You might already know about a subject but trust me, go over it anyways. I made the mistake of thinking I knew the different paths in Windows and I was wrong. I ended up failing the exam by 5% I then went back and studied for three more months and took both exams and passed. Also if you're new to certifications and come across any online material make sure to check to see if it is legit. This website will check for you. CertGuard | IT Certification Exam Security & Integrity

7th edition
    Amazon.com: CompTIA A+ Certification All-in-One Exam Guide, Seventh Edition (Exams 220-701 & 220-702) (9780071701334): Michael Meyers: Books
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****
  • Options
    KeeganJacobsKeeganJacobs Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Anybody know of any online study courses that i can see to pass these 2 tests.

Are there any online classes i can take ? I am thinking of getting meyers 7th edition but that isnt until Feb and wanted a head start before then.
  • Options
    MeanDrunkR2D2MeanDrunkR2D2 Member Posts: 899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Anybody know of any online study courses that i can see to pass these 2 tests.

Are there any online classes i can take ? I am thinking of getting meyers 7th edition but that isnt until Feb and wanted a head start before then.
    There's really no reason to get online training for this certification unless that is the best way that you can learn. Do you have any IT experience? Do you have a IT related degree? If you answer yes to either of those you really don't need a course. Just pick up a book or two to prepare for the exams. Myself I just picked up a $30 review guide from Sybex and I read it and took the exams 2 weeks later and passed both exams easily.

Of course, I do have a 4 year degree in CIS and have 4 years of IT experience. I just needed that one extra reason for me to get noticed on the job boards.
  • Options
    KeeganJacobsKeeganJacobs Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    So do you guys think this book is good ?

CompTIA A+ Complete Study Guide: Exams 220-701 (Essentials) and 220-702 (Practical Application) (Paperback)

by Emmett Dulaney , Toby Skandier, Quentin Docter

Or shall i wait for the 7th edition of MIke Meyers ?
  • Options
    ChrisPEditorChrisPEditor Member Posts: 24 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Or shall i wait for the 7th edition of MIke Meyers ?

Can't really comment on the other books, but I do know that Mike Meyers is one of the best experts out there. He's in all of our video training.

I did want to say something about studying methodology. A lot of what works is really dependent on how you learn, personally. So, you're an audio learner, a hands-on learner, a visual learner, etc. Your best bet would be to take a multi-modal approach (try to get your hands on everything, in other words).

One thing I always recommend to anyone taking a test is that you invest in some practice exams. For a fraction of what you invest in taking the test, you get the opportunity to gauge how you might do on the real thing. Plus, most test engines give you reports showing you your strengths and weaknesses.

Just stay away from brain ****. icon_cool.gif
    Christopher Parker
    Managing Editor, PrepLogic
    Get smarter training today with PrepLogic!

"You know what they say, 'Knowledge isn't power'... oh, wait..." --Dr. Gregory House