Free Exchange 2010 Beta Exam (71-633)

Hey gang I just signed up for this and I thought it would of interest to a number of folks here

Beta Exam Announcements : Register for Beta Exam 71-663: Pro: Designing and Deploying Messaging Solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010

Comments

• rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Thanks, registered
  • jrmeulemansjrmeulemans Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    nice, free exams
  • wheezwheez Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Registered as well, thanks!
    WIP: Considering cert path.. :-)
  • hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    Signed up for it, as I have been testing and researching 2010. If i pass the exam, what cert does it count towards?
  • EmpoweredBizTechEmpoweredBizTech Member Posts: 110
    I don't know but I am willing to guess it will probably be good for at least an MCTS and probably towards an upcoming MCITP in exchange 2010
    I don't know but I am willing to guess it will probably be good for at least an MCTS and probably towards an upcoming MCITP in exchange 2010

Well, im trying to figure out the plan. From what I gather, 662 is the configuring exam and gives the MCTS, and 663 is the design exam and gives the MCITP. I could be wrong though.

Either way, I will have fun taking the exam.
  • royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I think they reduced the amount of exams in 2010. Reason why I say that is because in Exchange 2007 there was a Configuration, Design, and Deploy. This exam is both Design and Deploy. So I bet that this exam is basically the equivalent of 237 and 238 and will give you the MCITP.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
    royal wrote: »
    I think they reduced the amount of exams in 2010. Reason why I say that is because in Exchange 2007 there was a Configuration, Design, and Deploy. This exam is both Design and Deploy. So I bet that this exam is basically the equivalent of 237 and 238 and will give you the MCITP.

I think youre right. http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exam.aspx?ID=70-663 says it gives MCITP. The skills listed do not make this exam look easy.
  • MentholMooseMentholMoose Member Posts: 1,525 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Someone made a mistake with this beta...
    71-663 beta exam update | born to learn
    For the new Exchange 2010 beta (71-663: Pro: Designing and Deploying Messaging Solutions with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010) the beta cap limit was inadvertently left blank. This means that more than three times as many candidates have registered for the beta than we had planned for.
    Because of this, Prometric will unfortunately be contacting some candidates that were inadvertently allowed to register for 71-663 after we had reached the beta cap. I don’t know who these folks are so I would plan on taking the beta unless you are contacted by Prometric. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience of the situation, and as a token of our appreciation Microsoft will provide those folks who were inadvertently allowed to register with a voucher to take the Exchange exam for free when it goes live after the first of the year. You won’t be able to take the exam early but at least you won’t have to pay for 70-663.
    MentholMoose
    MCSA 2003, LFCS, LFCE (expired), VCP6-DCV
  • novovictusnovovictus Member Posts: 192
    I recieved an email from prometric last Tuesday the 8th saying i would recieve the voucher in a week for the live exam. I have not yet recieved an email with said voucher code, has anyone else?
    Working on: Doctor of Information Technology Information Assurance and Security @ Capella
  • pespi_manpespi_man Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i am still waiting for my voucher, might have to give them a call to check this week.
  • JaggedJagged Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Just got my voucher e-mail this morning.

It is from DoNotReply@prometric.com and titled "MS discount voucher" if you need to check your spam folder.

Dear Candidate,

Thank you for your interest in the Microsoft Beta 071-663, PRO: Designing & Deploying Messaging Solutions w/MS Exchange Server 2010, examination. Per the previous communication, you are due to receive one 100% discount voucher for the live 070-663 exam. Below is your voucher number. Please retain this voucher number as it is required at the time of registration for your exam.
    Voucher number:
    This exam is due to be released in late January 2010. Once the exam is released, you will be able to schedule an appointment by logging onto www.prometric.com/microsoft. Please use the above voucher number for payment when scheduling your exam.

Thank you.
    Prometric
    Microsoft: MCSE 4, MCSE 2003 +Security, MSCA 2003 Messaging, MCITP:SA -- Cisco: CCNA
    Novell: CNE 3-6, CLA, CLP, CLE -- Nortel: NCDS, NCSS -- CompTIA: Project+, Server+, Linux+, Security+

Courses Completed at WGU:
    EWB2, BBC1, LAE1, WFV1, SSC1, CLC1, WDV1, MGC1, ORC1, INC1, IWC1
    Courses Required BS - IT: NETW:
    LAT1, LUT1, INT1, SST1, LET1, IWT1, BOV1, TWA1, CPW2
    Classes Transferred:
    BAC1, TEV1, TTV1, QLC1, QMC1, QLT1, TSV1, TPV1, TNV1, BRV1, ABV1, AHV1, AIV1, AJV1
  • rsuttonrsutton Member Posts: 1,029 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I also received mine this morning.
  • pespi_manpespi_man Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Same i got mine yesterday, just in time for the 2nd shot :)
  • ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    And just in time to take the live exam when it is released on Friday.
  • wawrzynwawrzyn Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've got mine as well - but I think it may not be working together with the Second Shot. I never could use two vouchers at the same time (i.e. 15% off and SecondShot)
  • tramhuongstramhuongs Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jagged wrote: »
    Just got my voucher e-mail this morning.

It is from DoNotReply@prometric.com and titled "MS discount voucher" if you need to check your spam folder.

Dear Everyone!!
    Now, I need one voucher 70-663 to exam. I hope to recieve your help. email: dieuphuong1610@gmail.com
  • bryonbryon Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    anyone can send me 1 70-633 voucher if possible, Thank you very much. This is my email: bryon@ukrpost.net