Options

Passed ITIL - No pin/certificate received.

steve_fsteve_f Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi

I passed the ITIL v3 Foundation exam about 3 months with Prometric, and just realised today that I never got an email or anything from ITIL/EXIN.

Do I have to request a pin and certificate, or should it arrive by itself eventually?

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    steve_f wrote: »
    Hi

I passed the ITIL v3 Foundation exam about 3 months with Prometric, and just realised today that I never got an email or anything from ITIL/EXIN.

Do I have to request a pin and certificate, or should it arrive by itself eventually?

Thanks

They might take up to 6 weeks to get it to you, so 3 months sounds a bit long. I would recommend contacting Exin at:

results@exin-us.org

They will need enough information to identify you as having completed the exam.

Best wishes,

MS
  • Options
    Matt_SmiMatt_Smi Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mine took a while as well! I passed it in October and my cert didn't show up until December. About two months or 8 weeks. My Co-Worker took the test only a week before me but he got his within 4 weeks put his pin's protector fell off and poked holes all though his cert! I actually forgot about it and then it just showed up one day and I was like oh cool. My cert did not have pin holes in it but I have not bothered to frame it like my A+ and Net+ certs, I just have the pin tacked to my cube wall at work, its pretty lame haha. Overall I think the cert was worth it as it didn't take me too long to study for using self study methods and IMO it was fairly easy, I got an 80% which I was shocked by based on my relativity lax studying. Then again I actually do things like change controls and problem management on a daily basis at work so I had a good understanding of some of the concepts going into it, it would have been much harder otherwise.
  • Options
    mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Wow I forgot all about this. I did mine in July last year and never got a certificate. I just assumed they didn't send them out like a bunch of other vendors don't.

I like having this cert on my resume;

Typical recruiter scanning my CV: "OK, you've done Microsoft, everyone has that... CCENT, never heard of it... oh great, you've got ITIL!"