SDM Java version

SI_DUDESI_DUDE Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hay all,

I am in the ISCW course, IPSec labs require configuration using SDM. I have SDM installed on my routers the configuration is correct, however there is a known issue with the Java version required to run SDM, if you do not have the correct version the wizards do not launch, although the router info does populate.

In class the instructor told us to download Java version 1.6.0.3 and it worked on Windows XP, however in my home lab this version does not work at all with Windows VISTA Ultimate, I read another blurb I found on Google, it suggested version 1.6.6, so I went to that version same thing. The latest Java version of Java will allow me to load the system monitor panel I see all the router info, but no action on the wizards. Any help would be appreciated…..

Comments

• DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am running jarva 6 udate 6 on my PC nect to me and that runs SDM fine

laters version 6.13 (or latest i have tried does not work)
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 3 for Windows is working for me on Windows 7. The installer I used is named-

jre-6u3-windows-i586-p.exe
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route
  • SI_DUDESI_DUDE Member Posts: 15 ■□□□□□□□□□

I have IE 8 Monzilla 3.X Google Crome, and Safari, behavior is the same on MY Laptop, same version of IE. SDM was downloaded from Cisco so it is the most recent, on the PC I will have to check the router to see what version is running on it.
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I have issues with SDM in Firefox in MacOS, to the point where I just installed XP in a VM, and then ran the SDM installer and only installed to the windows OS. And that worked fine.

But yeah, SDM is a piece of crap. Cisco needs to get it off the exams
    mikem2te wrote: »
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 3 for Windows is working for me on Windows 7. The installer I used is named-

jre-6u3-windows-i586-p.exe

Just downloaded and installed this file, no good.
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have issues with SDM in Firefox in MacOS, to the point where I just installed XP in a VM, and then ran the SDM installer and only installed to the windows OS. And that worked fine.

HAs any one seen waht CCNP v6 makes of SDM?

any one have the exam guide yet ? mines in the post
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.

So much for completing the labs.....
  • mikem2temikem2te Member Posts: 407
    SI_DUDE wrote: »
    Just downloaded and installed this file, no good.
    How are you trying to run SDM? From the router or computer? Personally when installing SDM I don't bother installing it to the router, I just install it to the PC then configure the router for http access etc.

I find running SDM from the router by browsing to the routers IP address tempramental. Using the "Cisco SDM" entry in the start menu is not good for me either, it opens the default browser - Firefox which is my main browser and the builtin popup blocker causes chaos with SDM.

So instead I use IE for SDM with the popup blockers turned off, I have a bookmark which is pointed to the location of the SDM files stored on the PC.

file:///C:/Program%20Files/Cisco%20Systems/Cisco%20SDM/common/common/launcher.html?ROUTER=10.20.0.3
    Blog : http://www.caerffili.co.uk/

Previous : Passed Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (70-630)
    Currently : EIGRP & OSPF
    Next : CCNP Route