TSHOOT Beta

qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
I'm planning on takin the TSHOOT Beta exam in March. They will be offering it starting tomorrow. Is anyone else planning on taking the beta exam?
If you cannot express in a sentence or two what
you intend to get across, then it is not focused
well enough.
—Charles Osgood, TV commentator

Comments

• keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    i was thinking on trying it out
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • IT_FANIT_FAN Member Posts: 88 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TSHOOT beta exam will be released sometime around February 16 and be available through March 26, 2010 at a discounted price of $50 USD. Candidates must wait six to eight weeks, until the beta analysis is complete, to receive their scores. As an incentive to schedule, the first 150 beta exams completed will be provided free of charge. Candidates may attempt a beta exam only one time. Scores are expected to be released at the end of April.

I want to take it but it will take away from studying for my next certification.
    CompTIA A+ (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Network + (2009 Edition) | CompTIA Security + (2008 Edition) | CASP | CCDA | CCNA | CCNAS | CCNAV | CCDP | CCNP | CCNP:Security | MCTS | MCP | MCSA | MCSE | MCITP:EA | ITIL v3 Foundation 8)
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was tempted but going to stick to doing the switch and router exams first.

good luck though and be very interested to hear what its like. Espical the method of testing, i assume it will be a lot of simulations
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    I am and the exam is already available you better get on there and register. If your the first 150 you can take it for free using the promotional code: TSBETA. I just registered and I am schedule to take it for free 3/6.

Order Summary

Order Number: XXXXXXXX
    Payment By: None
    Total Purchases: $US 50.00
    Discounts: $US 50.00
    Tax: $US 0.00
    Amount Paid: $US 0.00
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    I am and the exam is already available you better get on there and register. If your the first 150 you can take it for free using the promotional code: TSBETA. I just registered and I am schedule to take it for free 3/6.

Where did you register for it? When I try to do so via pearsonvue.com, it tells me it's not available
  • qplayedqplayed Member Posts: 303
    Where did you register for it? When I try to do so via pearsonvue.com, it tells me it's not available

643-832 Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks

hrmm says its not available but its listed
    well enough.
    looks like he's able to register because he's in the eastcoast, so technically its already the 16th... I'll try in a few hours
    well enough.
  • CSCOnoobCSCOnoob Member Posts: 120
    I was able to register mine around 4PM CST. I tried registering it again and it seems like it works just fine. I wasn't able to since it popped up that I already registered for the exam and since we all know the limit is just one beta exam per candidate.

Fri, 26 Mar 2010
    Start Time: 01:00 PM
    IL, USA
    643-832: Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks(English)
    CSCOnoob wrote: »
    I was able to register mine around 4PM CST. I tried registering it again and it seems like it works just fine. I wasn't able to since it popped up that I already registered for the exam and since we all know the limit is just one beta exam per candidate.

Fri, 26 Mar 2010
    Start Time: 01:00 PM
    IL, USA
    643-832: Troubleshooting and Maintaining Cisco IP Networks(English)

weird...that or none of the testing centers are offering it in my location?
    Hah you and I have the same idea :P

I guess i'll try again
    well enough.
    all done :D Good luck to everyont taking it :D

Appointment: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 / Start Time: 1:45 PM
    Appointment Number:
    Date/Time Appointment Created: Tue, 16 Feb 2010, at 6:55 AM GMT
    Exam Total: $US 50.00
    Amount Paid: $US 50.00
    well enough.
    qplayed wrote: »
    looks like he's able to register because he's in the eastcoast, so technically its already the 16th... I'll try in a few hours

I'm eastcoast too, and it was still the 15th when I tried, so it had to still be the 15th when he did!
  • 416_guy416_guy Member Posts: 70 ■■■□□□□□□□
    qplayed wrote: »
    all done :D Good luck to everyont taking it :D

Appointment: Fri, 26 Mar 2010 / Start Time: 1:45 PM
    Appointment Number:
    Date/Time Appointment Created: Tue, 16 Feb 2010, at 6:55 AM GMT
    Exam Total: $US 50.00
    Amount Paid: $US 50.00

You didn't make it for the first 150?
    Well, I can register for it now, but all the free exams are gone, so I'll worry about it later hehe
    its ok, I don't mind paying the $50.
    well enough.
  • arsalan921arsalan921 Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    any body knows the price of TSHOOT exam which will be available on april 30 ?

tshoot beta is of $50, what about TSHOOT ?

i heard from someone that it will be of same price $50 till 31st july, after that it will be of $200.

please confirm.
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    Locked and loaded for March 26th :)

Just for fun..... :D I'm not one to turn down a free exam...

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
    arsalan921 wrote: »

i heard from someone that it will be of same price $50 till 31st july, after that it will be of $200.

please confirm.

Yeah, the prices on the CCNP exams are increasing to 200 per. So it's the same cost as it was previously, unless you fail an exam, in which case, yeah, you're out an extra 50 bucks
  • APAAPA Member Posts: 959
    arsalan921 wrote: »

please confirm.

Once the BETA period is over and they release the exam in its expected form then one can safely assume that the price will be $217.50(AUS) like most normal Cisco exams. Convert that to US... as I can't be arsed right now... ;)

Don't quote me on this though.....just speaking from previous beta experience.

CCNA | CCNA:Security | CCNP | CCIP
    JNCIA:JUNOS | JNCIA:EX | JNCIS:ENT | JNCIS:SEC
    JNCIS:SP | JNCIP:SP
  • Element926Element926 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm working on the ONT, but I wouldn't mind paying $50 just to see how I would do.
    Don't ask me. I used the pearsonvue.com website and when I registered it was still the 15th. It was listed, I clicked on it, and booked it, and everything went through fine.
  • aldousaldous Member Posts: 105
    i've signed up going to do mine mid march. i have a uni exam the week before which will be a bit like the BCMSN exam (as we are taught from that certs syllabus), just passed BSCI so want to try my luck at TSHOOT

For uk people its £32, i missed having it for free but compared to the £105 the current CCNP exams cost its a bargin!
    I failed my first BSCI by 7 points. I retake it a week before I take the TSHOOT. So, I'm hoping to pass the BSCI the 23rd. Then see how I do on TSHOOT. While I'm waiting on my results I'm going to move on and study for the other exams as well.
  • BluetorchBluetorch Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For anyone looking to take this beta exam go check out the CCNP discussion board on Cisco Learning Network | CCNA, CCNP, CCIE Training . There is a post from someone on the exam team that posted up the topology map for the TSHOOT exam. Says they want to focus the exam on troubleshooting and not learning a new topology so they are releasing that info.

Just thought that may help icon_thumright.gif
    In Progress:
    BS - Information and Communication Technology
    CCIE Written
    Looks like a pretty good topology to test on. I'm impressed they're actually going to test troubleshooting a v6 implementation.

I saw one interview that said TSHOOT is going to be a trouble ticket type test,

There's an interview from the author of the TSHOOT guide:

The scoop on the New TSHOOT Course and Exam | NetworkWorld.com Community

It says about 10% of the exam is the traditional multiple guess format, with 90% being trouble ticket resolution.

What I'm curious to know is if this is the same trouble ticket interface used for the troubleshooting portion of the CCIE lab exam. If so, then I will *definetly* take TSHOOT just to be able to get some experience with that interface.
  • CSCOnoobCSCOnoob Member Posts: 120
    Anyone tried taking the exam yet?
  • S0cratesS0crates Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm signed up to take it March 1st. It would be nice to get some NDA-compliant info about the exam before going in. Can anyone offer insight?
    Cisco press is showing the exam cert guide as available for order as well, the big chains are still in pre-order mode showing that it won't be available until April. So I guess Cisco Press is going to sell it directly at no discount for a couple months before it hits the regular distribution channels
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I am still curious, I havent noticed it in the exam cert book I have, but is there any news oon the IOS version for this exam ?
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
    I don't think it really matters, as it's not hardware specific. I think it's safe to assume 12.4 at the least, along with the feature set appropriate to the technology being tested on, but I don't think it'll be targetted at any particular version of IOS