Options

Doing ITIL V2 Service Manager

srkumar007srkumar007 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi folks,

Would like to have your valuable inputs on doing ITIL V2 SM certification. It has been already published that the course will be retired by 31st august 2010.

1. Is it the right time to enroll for the course ?
2. Do we have sufficient time to do our preparation to take the exam
before august ?
3. what is the suggested study plan ?

Note: Iam a ITIL V3 Foundation certified guy with solid experience in the Service delivery arena and would like to achieve ITIL Expert certification.

Raj

Comments

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    srkumar007 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Would like to have your valuable inputs on doing ITIL V2 SM certification. It has been already published that the course will be retired by 31st august 2010.

before august ?

Note: Iam a ITIL V3 Foundation certified guy with solid experience in the Service delivery arena and would like to achieve ITIL Expert certification.

Raj

v2 Service Manager is difficult to achieve. At one time the percentage of people that passed was around 40%. For the benefit of others reading (I know you know this Raj), the ITIL v2 certifications are being retired at the end of summer 2010. However, those who complete those certifications prior to that date case use those as credits towards the completion of ITIL v3 certifications.

A common path for people to take is to earn the v2 Service Manager certification, and then take a 1 week bridge class to the ITIL v3 Expert. In effect, this is seen my some as a time and money saver to get to v3 Expert. I don't know that I agree, as there is still a huge time and expense commitment.

To answer your questions:

You're pretty much the only one who can answer this. I would say that if you intend to take this path, then you need to get it done before it's not longer an option for you.

before august ?

That depends on you. I think if you started now, you should have no problem studying for the exams.

I would read the v2 red and blue books a few times. When I studied for it I would make up practice questions, and then try to write essay answers for them. I used a room in my house and several whiteboards to map out how all of the processes relate. I practiced writing several times for 4 hours without stopping. You really have to use every second of time on this exam, and you have to prepare yourself for writing that long.

Good luck with it. Let us know how you do.

MS
  • Options
    srkumar007srkumar007 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Tks a ton MS !! For your valuable inputs....Will try to develop a plan for this...
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You're welcome to post your study plan here and let a few of us look over it and make suggestions.

MS